Morcco Jan 2009 Pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thmsshaun

MB Enthusiast
Car
2009 C300 4Matic, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2015 Triumph Tiger800 XCX
Alright all. Just thought I would share with you some snaps from my 5000 mile adventure to Marrakech and back on 2 wheels.

Just a shame I ended up coming off the bike but I am fine and all in all the experience of it was well worth it

A link to the picture gallery

All Pictures Here

Looks like a most excellent adventure you had.

Interesting choice of bike for touring the R6 though. :confused: I do like those KTM adventures muchly. If I sold the wife and kids, I might get me one of them.

Looks like a most excellent adventure you had.

Interesting choice of bike for touring the R6 though. :confused: I do like those KTM adventures muchly. If I sold the wife and kids, I might get me one of them.

Yes the KTM was by far the best bike for the trip. Although I have to say I was shocked by the KTM's tank range of only around 180 miles. Yes it was a lot better than the sports bikes but even so for such a big "adventure" bike I would expect a lot more.

Something like the new Yamaha Tenere has caught my eye with its 23litre tank and claimed 350 mile range. That way I can just keep the R6 for those summer days around the local area.

Damm thats a long long way on an R6! I used to get 130 miles out of my CBR 600. How many times did you need to change the rear tire? Can you still stand up straight?

fantastic pictures.

Damm thats a long long way on an R6! I used to get 130 miles out of my CBR 600. How many times did you need to change the rear tire? Can you still stand up straight?

fantastic pictures.

Just before I was called up for Iraq last winter I had some Continental Road Attacks put on other than being a little square from the wonderful french motorways its got a hell of a lot more life in it. As for the front you can still see the Road Attack print that runs across the centre of the tyre. As a sports touring tyre I can honestly say I am very very impressed. For sure you may be a bit slower around a track but for day to day use its seems a great tyre.

Nice pictures, where did you cross Gib or Tarifa?

Yes we crossed southbound at Tarifa and then came back via Algrecias. Our boat to Tarifa wasn't running so we just stowed away on the first boat leaving the port.

Thanks for sharing your pictures of your journey, are you planning a blog or some words to accomapany the pictures?? I would be interested in

Yes I did start a blog but I just ended up finding that time was against me or there just wasn't an internet connection available where we stayed. I am planning to get a trip report done in the next few days.

Congratulations on your sucessful trip. Thanks for sharing your pictures of your journey,they were very enjoyable. Are you planning a blog or some words to accomapany the pictures?? I would be interested in hearing how the bikes peformed and how you coped with any problems without backup or support as did the L.W R Team . When is the next one ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom