more bloody error codes than before !!!!2007 e320

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boblydon

Car
merc e320...jaguar xk
Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction as i think my error codes have a common denominator.......here goes!!!!!!!

Originally had no error codes, but no power/limp home mode, plugged in diagnostics, showed fault as the common swirl valve motor.

Replaced motor with no problems....engine still in limp mode but now showing the following faults.
P0237
P2015
P0237
P2513
P0105

I know what each code is but think there is 1 common element throwing up all the codes.

Have checked the swirl flap motor is operating correctly with my diagnostic machine, also checked and double checked all plug connections and hoses.

Cleared all the codes a few times but they just keep coming back.

Sure i am missing some thing obvious !!!!!!!

HELLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Check the fuse(s) that powers the motor, I dont know which one it is but you might have blown a fuse during the repair.

I would check also that the motor and flaps move freely and not jammed.

It looks like you have lost +5v and +12v to the engine harness.

Thanks for the replies Lads,

I can actuate the motor via my diagnostics and it moves ok, checked all the fuses in the panel in engine bay....am at a loss, am sure i am missing something obvious.

Wheres the best places to check the voltages ??????, am even thinking of doing the resistor trick in the motor plug to see what happens, then work back from there

Swirl flaps are probably stuck

map sensor location

Bit of an update, been messing around in the engine bay for a few hours, double and treble checking everything i have done, checked all plugs etc, checked inlet port motor and flaps are moving etc......deleted all fault codes, now the only code i am getting refers to the map sensor....where abouts is that on the car please??

bob

Follow the vacuum tube on the throttle body housing you will see it terminates at the sensor.

Well after a few hours tinkering tonight, seems like it's all sorted now, stripped and cleaned the map sensor, end was partially blocked where it goes into the engine.

Cleared the codes, ran the engine and code has not come back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom