More ebay shenanigans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Won is won - a contract is a contract.

What if the item was extremely important (for whatever the reason)?

Sofa? - tell him (as the Fonz would say) to "sit on it".
Urban Dictionary: sit on it
Yes, but both seller and buyer colluded to move outside the fee structure and protective framework of ebay to avoid costs that were rightly due to ebay. Not only that but the buyer had already been let down before by the same seller. Fool me once...

camerafodder said:
Yes, but both seller and buyer colluded to move outside the fee structure and protective framework of ebay to avoid costs that were rightly due to ebay. Not only that but the buyer had already been let down before by the same seller. Fool me once...

How so? I never 'colluded' to move outside of eBay! I won the item and had arranged a day to drive 460 miles to collect. When buying antiques on eBay I like to pay on collection to make sure all is as is described.
He didn't quite 'let me down' as such. When he first started he asked me to cancel a bid before the auction had ended. I did so to help him out (being the nice person I am!). Didn't strike me as odd - but then I suppose back then I was not so au fait with eBay dealings. Not sure I am now!

You never win anything on e-bay
:)

The bloody things a nightmare as a seller
with so many bidders making excuses not to pay the full amount
or trying to scam you and the fees are continuously going up and up............

Still its a hobby for me and some extra cash,
I couldn't take it seriously as a full time business,
I would have to hand deliver and kill some of them they way they behave.

Last edited:
The bloody things a nightmare as a seller
with so many bidders making excuses not to pay the full amount
or trying to scam you and the fees are continuously going up and up............

I'm a Gumtree convert...

Won is won - a contract is a contract.

I agree, on paper the auction is legally binding, but it is a thousand times easier for the buyer to 'change their mind' and pull out than it is for the seller.

The other thing that should set the warning bells ringing is that the vendor is happy to use ebay to advertise his goods but then tries to circumvent the fee system when he makes a successful sale. Bad practice and fundamentally dishonest. if you don't want to pay the fees, then don't use the service.

This is absolutely right.

However, we are talking about Ebay here who are greedy and grasping and therefore every opportunity should be taken to shaft them with a large root vegetable.

Isn't the UK in Europe?

You're confused?!!!
I've had two years of as good as being told to **** off and the last week having my butt nearly kissed off my torso!

You're confused?!!!
I've had two years of as good as being told to **** off and the last week having my butt nearly kissed off my torso!

Is this some sort of S&M club that you visted ??

Apologies to seven

How so? I never 'colluded' to move outside of eBay! I won the item and had arranged a day to drive 460 miles to collect. When buying antiques on eBay I like to pay on collection to make sure all is as is described.
He didn't quite 'let me down' as such. When he first started he asked me to cancel a bid before the auction had ended. I did so to help him out (being the nice person I am!). Didn't strike me as odd - but then I suppose back then I was not so au fait with eBay dealings. Not sure I am now!

Ooops I apologise to seven unreservedly. I responded to this thread but I was actually thinking about simon1966's steering wheel thread when I mentioned 'colluding with the vendor to avoid fees'

Please accept my apologies seven. :eek:

In my defence I actually spent the evening in a hotel bar in Kansas with the 70's funk band War so my mind is a little dull today!

camerafodder said:
In my defence I actually spent the evening in a hotel bar in Kansas with the 70's funk band War so my mind is a little dull today!

Good ol' boys eh?!!
Apology accepted though not needed!

Open an Item not received case on eBay, this will be logged on his seller account and he'll get a "defect" which is eBay's new way of dealing with sellers.

Use the report seller link on the transaction in "My eBay" to explain what's happened.

eBay take a dim view on this kind of thing, they assume it's a circumvention of their fees, which in eBayland is the most serious crime that can be committed. VAT fraud, Copyright theft, Trademark theft, that's all fine, but circumventing fees isn't.

My business has an eBay store, as well as Amazon and our own website. Each has it's own dynamic. We did have a volume of around 1000 transactions a month on eBay until it imploded earlier this year, that's now down to around 400/500 or so.

eBay is a haven for scammers (buyers mainly, but also sellers), but even saying that we find we only have problems with around 1% of transactions.

Amazon customers are hard work, a lot of this boils down to the fact many of them think they are actually buying from Amazon and not from a free marketplace, which is basically like eBay but with higher fees.

We get zero hassle from our website customers, mainly as they know what they are buying and why. They tend to be trade customers.

I left him negative feedback last night. Took his feedback from 100% to 98.3%. Lunchtime today the negative feedback had disappeared and he was back to 100%!!
How does that work??

I left him negative feedback last night. Took his feedback from 100% to 98.3%. Lunchtime today the negative feedback had disappeared and he was back to 100%!!
How does that work??

That's interesting, it's difficult to get feedback removed these days, there must have been something in the messages that took place that eBay considered in the sellers favour.

Ring them and ask if it bothers you.

That's interesting, it's difficult to get feedback removed these days, there must have been something in the messages that took place that eBay considered in the sellers favour.

Ring them and ask if it bothers you.

Ive noticed a trend these days with a few sellers getting negative or neutral feedback and a few hours later their feedback is back to 100% ++

I even had a long discussion with a ebay rep online about one of the seller, even sending ebay the abusive message the seller sent me telling me how easy it was to get his feedback sorted out & how he was blocking me for complaining about a wrongly sent fake item.
I gave up in the end as it just doesn't make sense how they have one rule for one person and another for the next.

Best bit is Ive seen the guys feedback jumping backward and forward on a almost weekly basis with bad feedback being left and all of a sudden its gone.

Before anyone asks how I know I search for r/c model truck parts on a weekly basis (just to see if there is anything interesting going cheap) and a couple of the well known dodgy sellers are always listing stuff. I vote with my feet now and even if they have something I want I wont bid out of principle. Once bitten twice shy and all that.

Is this some sort of S&M club that you visted ??

Oh, wierder than that. It'll be all over the news tomorrow. After which my side has the whip hand or it's back to being dominated. Too early to tell which.

Ooops I apologise to seven unreservedly. I responded to this thread but I was actually thinking about simon1966's steering wheel thread when I mentioned 'colluding with the vendor to avoid fees'

Please accept my apologies seven. :eek:

Lol, I read your post thinking "I thought I'd clicked on the other eBay thread, not Simon's...". :D

How does that work??

You probably violated ebay's feedback rules & the seller requested it be removed.

What did you actually say?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom