More EBay woes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Madferrit

Car
'06 B150SE, '99 E220 CDi, A160, Ferrari Mondial and a Smartee! Now Sold: G300 LWB (sadly missed)
Have i been done?

Bought a mouse for my laptop last week. Did all the usual checks;

1-Seller has more than a few ebay points (in this case 1051)
2-Seller has minimum negativity
3-UK Seller
4-E-mailed seller prior to completing transaction to confirm existance

Bought the item, and paid directly into his UK account. He emailed me back to say he had received the funds and confirmed that the item would be despatched and received within 7 days. Its day 5 now.. and still no sign of the mouse :mad:

Only today i notice that by his name is the words, "No longer registered with ebay" :crazy:

I'm not too worried as he doesn't have any of my card details, and the transaction was less than £8. If anything... i just really want that mouse.. as it would look and work great with my laptop. :rolleyes:

Is this some new kind of scam? :(

Last edited:
He may still send the item. I purchased a disk and the seller was then banned by ebay. He still sent the disk.

Send the seller a mail to ask?

Sounds pretty unlucky to me, all things considered! You did as many sensible checks as most people would for an item costing £8. It wouldn't hurt (or cost anything) to email eBay and ask questions, but there is hope that your item may still arrive?

Accounts can be suspended/no longer registered for various reasons, maybe he owed fees to eBay or was selling illegal stuff?

If it comes to the worst, fortunately it's not the largest loss to have made, but I am sorry if you've been stung :(

Good luck :)

Will

This precise thing happened to me on 2 occasions. On both I received the items anyways, so don't give up hope! Mail the seller and see whats up, he might have jsut forgotten to pay his eBay fees...

emailed the dude last night, and got a reply this morning. :) Mouse should be with me in a few days time! :bannana:

I was just about to say you might not need to fret. I had exactly the same experience a few weeks ago when I'd parted with £500 :eek: . The next day I went in to check some details and found the guy as not registered.

Prowled the ebay forums and found lots of bad tales like this. Was getting very panicky by this stage so emailed ebay for the contact details. emailed and rang the guy who was very nice and apologised saying it was a technical error with ebay, but my goods were to be dispathced that day. Yeah right I thought!!

Next day my goods arrived and his account was reinstated. So it can be just an error - but it can give you one hell of a fright -especially if it's a lot of money you've parted company with :eek:

Good luck!!

Accounts with good feedback are easily hijacked and then Ebay suspend them until things are sorted out - it happened to me. Emailing seller is usually best way to sort things out.

Well i'll be damned!

In this mornings post was a small parcel (wrapped in brown paper) .... no, its not what you guys might think at first.... its my MOUSE!!! :D

the guy kept his promise and delivered! But what shocked me was the fact that it was sent from Vietnam!

Mouse works perfect! and has little red and blue neons flashin when i move it around. :bannana: :bannana:

Madferrit said:
and has little red and blue neons flashin when i move it around. :bannana: :bannana:

Now thats cool !

£8 to cover:
the seller's profit
Ebay's fees
postage from Vietnam
packing materials and time spent to wrap it

- that's a bargain without even including the mouse!!

PHilip

i did a bit of a cheek, and waited till the last minute to put the bid in (don't we all do that)

Actual item was only £2.66 and then with the post..and postal insurance.. it came to £7.66 :rolleyes:

Bargain and a half! Poor chap still has his account locked so i've been unable to leave him any feedback. Which also means i haven't got mine yet :crazy:

Madferrit said:
i did a bit of a cheek, and waited till the last minute to put the bid in (don't we all do that)

Actual item was only £2.66 and then with the post..and postal insurance.. it came to £7.66 :rolleyes:

Bargain and a half! Poor chap still has his account locked so i've been unable to leave him any feedback. Which also means i haven't got mine yet :crazy:
http://www.ezsniper.com/
comes to mind...

also, the reason his account was probably locked is that the items are sent from Vietnam, eBay is starting to crack down on mis-represented item locations; there is another thread about that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom