More garage progress (painted floor!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RyanMuller

Car
C32 AMG
So the merc now has a clean floor.

Now it's raining for the rest of the week and the merc will probably be a pile of rust by Friday :D

Not the best week to pick, but who gets free time nowadays...

a9vh3o.jpg

How are you going to get the paint tray without treading on the paint - or are you doing it in stages and it's actually dry now? :D

Haha it's touch dry and the photo makes it look further away, I can grab it. Going to leave it a few days to make sure it can withstand a 1650kg c class.

I used Ronseal garage floor paint which actually has terrible reviews on Amazon.

However my neighbour parks his X3 in the garage with the same paint and he hasn't had any paint lifting so thought I'd try it. If it lifts I'll just buy rubber floor tiles.

In my previous house I used concrete sealer and a Johnstone floor paint. Was ok but it lifted after a while. See what happens.

Last edited:
It looks like you have painted the wall and not the floor:eek:

It looks like you have painted the wall and not the floor:eek:

That looks like the car paint saving carpet tiles!
We have some stuck on our garage walls to prevent damage to door edges, when you open the doors to get in & out of the cars!

Looks very smart, but can I make a suggestion? It might be worth getting hold of some square velour type carpet tiles and placing one under where each tyre will be when the car is in the garage.

I painted our garage floor many years ago and left it for about 10 days, I think it was, before putting the cars back in. Everything was looking lovely until taking one of the cars out for a blast, then coming home a couple of hours later and putting it away again with warm tyres.

The next time I tried to move it, all 4 tyres were stuck fast to my nice pristine painted floor. :( With a bit more effort, the car moved, leaving 4 freshly peeled tyre footprints, back down to the concrete, on my previously lovely floor and 4 tyres with a grey section of paint on one part of the tread.:wallbash:

Four strategically placed carpet tiles covered the problem areas and ensured the cars never became stuck again.:thumb:

Last edited:
Oooooo that's just waiting for a burn out!

Sorry, sorry ,sorry....:):)

Couple of years ago I painted a raw concrete floor in a new conservatory with epoxy paint. Boy do you have to work fast, once mixed you've got about 20 minutes to get it on the floor. I used it a secondary waterproof layer as we were laying carpet over the top.

This product

http://epoxyproducts.co.uk/Water Miscible Epoxy Coating.pdf

Tack free in 8 hours, full hardness in 7 days. Oh by 'full hardness' they mean don't drive your fork lift truck on it until the 7 days is up.

Fab product.

Five minutes

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Took me five minutes to work out the photo was on its side.

But appreciate the post - for the 2017 list: store bikes on their side and sort out the garage floor and walls

Last edited:
The final result

15d9nwz.jpg

xp697d.jpg

2zhmcdt.jpg

Looks excellent.

Puts my cluttered mess of a garage to shame!

Looks very smart. I put these rubber tiles on the whole floor after painting it but the tiles are not fit for purpose. Getting just a few of them and put under the wheels is probably better idea.

Which bike rack is the best? I need to hang my bike somewhere.

Last edited:
Depends what bike you have .

I put vertical front wheel hangers for the 2 road bikes and a horizontal hanger with 2 arms for the mountain bike. The idea being I can quickly grab the mountain bike to commute to work whereas for social rides they are less often so I don't need to keep walking past the car.

Any bike hanger will do really. I got the sideways one from b&q for £20.

If you have plaster walls, might be worth doing what I did , I used plasterboard fixings and put a massive plank of wood up to spread the load. If you have blocks, just use the red Rawl plugs, you can do chin ups then!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom