More GTs weirdness from MB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rsk21

Car
German and British
As has been previously detailed the AMG GTs buying experience was a bit odd at times with the dealers not knowing much about the cars and MBUK not knowing to whom they had sold cars and tripping over themselves trying to sell a car to somebody who had already ordered one.

The weirdness continues.

When the GTs was collected it was impressed upon us that like other AMG cars with a diff it needed a service at between 1550 and 2000 miles.

Last week an appointment was made (at Brooklands of all places) specifically for an AMG GTs running in service as instructed at collection.

See if you can guess the rest ........

They gave you a Smart car for a courtesy runabout?

They told you the diff is sealed for life and therefore they cannot service it.

On a side note they said your brakes were shot already as an upsell

StuartK said:
They told you the diff is sealed for life and therefore they cannot service it. On a side note they said your brakes were shot already as an upsell

Bingo

Minus the brakes, albeit that wouldn't have been a huge surprise.

They didn't realise until they had the car on the ramp.

All a bit odd.

Bingo

Minus the brakes, albeit that wouldn't have been a huge surprise.

They didn't realise until they had the car on the ramp.

All a bit odd.

How stupid.

Mind you they say the 7G is sealed for life but I wouldn't recommend it.

Interestingly BMW told me the DCT gearbox was sealed for life. Until the plastic sump started leaking :fail

Robin

I was told i didn't need my diff oil changed when i bought it! very strange.

Apart from the strange dealer behaviour how you finding it though?

I had to call up head office to find out if my customers car needed a diff oil change. That's all I could do! Was told that it didn't need it because it's a transaxle

may be the diff uses the oil from the gearbox?

The diff service intervals should be stated in the cars service manual?

My C63S had its diff oil changed (foc) at about 1800 miles and my car had a sticker on the windscreen stating it needed a diff oil change after set period of Kms - this was in addition to the normal running in instructions sticker you get on a new MB.

Are the diffs the same on the 63S and GT - I think they are right?

My C63S had its diff oil changed (foc) at about 1800 miles and my car had a sticker on the windscreen stating it needed a diff oil change after set period of Kms - this was in addition to the normal running in instructions sticker you get on a new MB.

Are the diffs the same on the 63S and GT - I think they are right?
Not sure, but aren't there options of a standard mechanical LSD and an electronic one? If that's the case I could understand the mechanical LSD needing an initial oil change while the electronic one doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom