more junk mail to come...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So what would happen if it was found out later that someone was convicted in error?
It does happen.
I would guess that would lead them wide open for compensation.
Yet another governmental idea worthy of filing in the WPB.

Is it in the interest of natural justice or just a government way of pandering to the sandalistas.

Local free newspapers usually report anything of interest but draw the line at minor offences. Will Gummint do the same or will every offence on the statute book be included?

Leaflets put through my door go straight into the recycling bin.

So what would happen if it was found out later that someone was convicted in error?
It does happen.
I would guess that would lead them wide open for compensation.
Yet another governmental idea worthy of filing in the WPB.

It shouldn't make any difference, they would only be named after being convicted, thus naming them as such would indeed be accurate.

Is it in the interest of natural justice or just a government way of pandering to the sandalistas.

Local free newspapers usually report anything of interest but draw the line at minor offences. Will Gummint do the same or will every offence on the statute book be included?

Leaflets put through my door go straight into the recycling bin.

Our local paper seems to list just about every conviction in the local magistrates court. Of course the Government is committed to reducing the workload of the courts by increasing FPN offences, cf. DWDCA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom