More pictures from Sinsheim Auto & Technik museum - aeroplanes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S205 C300
Here are the aeroplane pictures from last Thursday, to go with the car ones here.

Weather was fairly grim (raining & windy), and only taken with a compact. No time to tweak them (some could do with levelling, for a start :eek:!) - these are straight from camera, resized.

Part 1 of 2:

IMG_1788.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg

IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_1791.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1799.jpg

IMG_1809.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1811.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

The wrecked plane is a JU-87 Stuka that was recovered from the Mediterranean.

They also had an abandoned & unrestored Panzer V tank that had been recovered from somewhere remote in Russia.

The JU-88 was unusual, not seen one before.

Only naughty thing I spotted was a Spanish CASA 2.111 painted in Luftwaffe colours and described as a Heinkel 111 H :rolleyes:

The JU-52s were nice ... next day we saw 6 of them airborne at the Oldtimer airshow at Hahnweide airfield. Pictures from that to follow!

Last edited:
What a fabulous museum! And great pics in spite of the limitations you mentioned. Vielen dank!

I was going to say that the Ju-87 looks like it had had a tough time, but it makes it all the more interesting, don't you think? I like the FW-190 too, but of course you will have actually seen one flying on your travels, I believe? Well OK, a replica, but still...

It would have been interesting to get a shot of the Tu-144 flight deck - for comparison purposes!

This has now climbed substantially in my 'to do' list pecking order. Many thanks again.

Fabulous place :p.
Is there anywhere in the UK like this? I doubt it.
The Russian 'Concordski' looks bigger than our Concord, was it?

Many thanks for that Bill.

It would have been interesting to get a shot of the Tu-144 flight deck - for comparison purposes!

I tried, but the flight decks are protected by a perspex door ... which was really smeary and horrible in the 144 :(

The panels were all painted a nasty green, and things looked distinctly 'agricultural' compared to the Concorde flight deck!

The cockpit of the JU-52 was interesting ... incredibly cramped.

Fabulous place :p.
Is there anywhere in the UK like this? I doubt it.
The Russian 'Concordski' looks bigger than our Concord, was it?

They have a 'sister' museum at Speyer (also in Germany) - that has a Boeing 747!

speyer-technisches-museum-boeing-030802g.jpg

Technik MUSEUM SPEYER - Technical Museum SPEYER

Not sure about the size of the 144, think it was pretty comparable with Concorde. There was a fascinating documentary about the 144 some years back.

Big difference between the Concorde and the Tu144 inside, isn't there? I have a pic of the Tu144 flightdeck somewhere - I'll dig it out and post it later. The Tu144 was slightly larger than the Concorde and faster, but it lacked the range because supersonic cruise required reheat, whilst Concorde didn't.

That TU144 cockpit - urgh!

522866490_8eea746164.jpg

Most, if not all, Soviet aircraft - civil and military - seem to have that exact same shade of paint for the cockpit panelling.

Keep you awake, it would!

Good to see some British types on display. Is that a Britannia? And a Viscount?

P.S. I have seen pictures of that B747 before - note the gantry along the wing - you can go out and do your very own wingwalk. :crazy:

Last edited:
Corned, is you user name to do with gunpowder?

Here you go... from my visit there a few years ago. And as BTB mentioned - bit smeary due to the perspex screen.

Great museum and well worth a visit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom