more problems with this e55k amg. (diff)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikey_87

Car
2003 e55 amg
Looking for some advice.

I have a slight vibration and A noise coming from the rear its not constant here it more when accelerating around 60mph+ it goes away if I keep accelerating no shaking or vibration throw the steering wheels are not buckled all balance weights are still on dose any one have any ideas or maybe had this problem??

Wheel bearing ?

Do you hear it more when turning corners ?

Its not really a wheelbearing noise its on the motorway etc

my local indie guy had something similar with an E55k which he bought when it was fairly new (about 2 years old at time)...i think the issue may have been around torque convertor, i know he had a bit of hassle with MB, however in the end after tying to 'fix' Mercedes replaced the engine FOC as car was still under warranty, i think the bill would have been around £25k ish...:eek:

Wheels and tyres 100%? Sounds very much like a buckled wheel or an out of shape tyre.

Generally if you can drive through it it will be a balance issue.

Iv just put 2 new tyres on the car today and its still the same both balanced up no probs.

Some times when leaving roundabouts im getting a wobble/vibration throw the car mainly between 25mph and 45mph and when im on the motorway I can be at any speed and put the foot down and get a rumble from the car but as soon as I let of the throttle it stops put it back on it appears again:confused:

Worn gearbox/engine mounts throwing the prop out of position?

Prop centre bearing worn?

Does it feel and sound a bit like you're running over a gentle cattle grid? If so, my Range Rover did this for a couple of years and it required a torque convertor overhaul. Like with your problem, my grumbly also stopped immediately on lifting off the throttle - I also learned to drive outside of the speed zone where the rumble tended to be! In the end I stumped-up for the tc.

Last edited:
Do have a good look at your prop shaft donuts (front and rear).

If they are in poor condition they cause vibration and noise. On my C55 it felt and sounded like a flat but only at certain speeds.

When the rear donut came out it fell apart.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Going to change the donuts see if it changes anything. Hop its not the tourqe converter that's the reason I sold the rs6

Orderd the mounts it seems like a mount/bush not a mechanical fault if that make sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom