More Retrofits to my Pre-Facelift W204, colour cluster, SLA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gibsonk

Car
Mercedes
Some may remember i retrofitted NTG4.7 to my 2010 W204

Ntg4.7 retrofit into Pre-facelift W204: Completed

I have recently been at it again and fit the following.

Full colour cluster from a W212 2014, i made this Virgin from the eeprom dump then ran the initial startup with SD, this married the cluster, coded the SSID, Drive Authorisation and copied over the Assyst data.

In addition to making the cluster Virgin again i enabled the AMG menu.

From there i have retrofitted the windscreen camera and enabled Speed Limit Assist and just tonight turned on Traffic Sign assist after a number of firmware upgrades.

My next mission is to enable Lane Keeping, Attention assist and Distronic, possibly Blind Spot.

Lane keeping is 80% the way there just need a loom, ESP controller and vibration motor.

Distronic is the same just need the wiring loom i have the controller and radar

All this has been done using genuine Mercedes parts, the wiring looms are the hardest thing to get hold of, the rest of it is simple.

Thes options had never been available on the pre-facelift W204 (Distronic was in some countries i believe)

Anyway some piccys for you

(NOTE MY WIFE TOOK THE PHOTO'S BEFORE ANYONE JUMPS)

Full colour cluster from a W212 2014, i made this Virgin from the eeprom dump then ran the initial startup with SD, this married the cluster, coded the SSID, Drive Authorisation and copied over the Assyst data.

From there i have retrofitted the windscreen camera and enabled Speed Limit Assist and just tonight turned on Traffic Sign assist after a number of firmware upgrades.

My next mission is to enable Lane Keeping, Attention assist and Distronic, possibly Blind Spot.

Lane keeping is 80% the way there just need a loom, ESP controller and vibration motor.

All this has been done using genuine Mercedes parts, the wiring looms are the hardest thing to get hold of, the rest of it is simple.

Thes options had never been available on the pre-facelift W204 (Distronic was in some countries i believe)

great job mate, fair play.... I can't even rewire my 2010 C220 Halogen headlights connector wires 10 pin to Facelift xenon headlights 14 pin connector from 2011 :-(((

great job mate, fair play.... I can't even rewire my 2010 C220 Halogen headlights connector wires 10 pin to Facelift xenon headlights 14 pin connector from 2011 :-(((

unfortunately it will require a bit more than just the wiring, I would be surprised if they worked just by swapping the wiring over .

I expect you will also need to enable Xenon lights on the CGW and SAMF before they would work. (Coding) You may also need other control units to manage elevation and the dynamic curve function ( if on those ones), then to be complete and compliant new washer bottle, tubing , headlight washers, new bumper and level sensors front and rear.

You may get away with just the wiring and coding on the CGW and SAMF , but ideally needs the other bits as well.

there is a company out there who supply a conversion harness, although pretty pricey.

it’s one retrofit I have considered buts it’s actually a lot of work to get it right.

Smashing, I have trouble changing a light bulb..:)

You need an adaptor from the likes of the Kabeldaviko website. They’re pretty expensive nowadays though, it was relatively cheap back when I did this

Don’t forget you’ll need a facelift bonnet to fit the facelift headlights, or you’ll have a nasty gap. The loom from Kabeldaviko comes with facelift DRL cables also

5A53C592-8F93-42CC-9716-5B9A272316D7.jpeg

You need an adaptor from the likes of the Kabeldaviko website. They’re pretty expensive nowadays though, it was relatively cheap back when I did this

Don’t forget you’ll need a facelift bonnet to fit the facelift headlights, or you’ll have a nasty gap. The loom from Kabeldaviko comes with facelift DRL cables also

View attachment 89337

The Cable prices are crazy, although its a captive audience, doing it yourself you will struggle to find the correct sockets and plugs

unfortunately it will require a bit more than just the wiring, I would be surprised if they worked just by swapping the wiring over .

I expect you will also need to enable Xenon lights on the CGW and SAMF before they would work. (Coding) You may also need other control units to manage elevation and the dynamic curve function ( if on those ones), then to be complete and compliant new washer bottle, tubing , headlight washers, new bumper and level sensors front and rear.

You may get away with just the wiring and coding on the CGW and SAMF , but ideally needs the other bits as well.

there is a company out there who supply a conversion harness, although pretty pricey.

it’s one retrofit I have considered buts it’s actually a lot of work to get it right.

Thanks for the reply mate, you’re 100% right, I done the wiring and my lights are flickering :) also getting parking lights faults on the dashboard:-(( my brother crashed my car 2010 Executive Edition and I seen a 2011 w204 AMG for sale same color as mine crashed from passenger side so I bought whole front parts. Bonnet, Headlights, Bumper, Wings, crash bars... and put it back together and having two issues 1-parking sensors that I got with AMG bumper not working maybe one of them faulty and causing to crash whole parking system even rear sensors or wiring issue! 2- Left and right parking lights faults and sometimes passenger side indicator faults? I was talking to an electrician today he said he will change the settings in the ECU on Monday that will sort it out, well I really hope so best regards mate and have a great weekend.

Thanks for the reply mate, you’re 100% right, I done the wiring and my lights are flickering :) also getting parking lights faults on the dashboard:-(( my brother crashed my car 2010 Executive Edition and I seen a 2011 w204 AMG for sale same color as mine crashed from passenger side so I bought whole front parts. Bonnet, Headlights, Bumper, Wings, crash bars... and put it back together and having two issues 1-parking sensors that I got with AMG bumper not working maybe one of them faulty and causing to crash whole parking system even rear sensors or wiring issue! 2- Left and right parking lights faults and sometimes passenger side indicator faults? I was talking to an electrician today he said he will change the settings in the ECU on Monday that will sort it out, well I really hope so best regards mate and have a great weekend.

It's the SAMF that controls the light configuration.

You need to set Xenon lights are available in the CGW then code the SAMF accordingly to the xenon lights, two ways to do this.

First is to add the relevant codes to the Vedoc and then push the SCN coding via Xentry and it will all be done automatically.

Otherwise it will need to be done manually using something like DTS Monaco From Softing or FVDI. Manually coding the SAMF could be a nightmare there are a mass of potential options and configurations.

The most essential part if the coding is done manually, make sure the existing ecu coding and calibration values are backed up, otherwise you may end up with more than just your lights not working properly.

Good luck

It's the SAMF that controls the light configuration.

You need to set Xenon lights are available in the CGW then code the SAMF accordingly to the xenon lights, two ways to do this.

First is to add the relevant codes to the Vedoc and then push the SCN coding via Xentry and it will all be done automatically.

Otherwise it will need to be done manually using something like DTS Monaco From Softing or FVDI. Manually coding the SAMF could be a nightmare there are a mass of potential options and configurations.

The most essential part if the coding is done manually, make sure the existing ecu coding and calibration values are backed up, otherwise you may end up with more than just your lights not working properly.

Good luck
@gibsonk if not doing so already you could make a business out of your knowledge!

The Cable prices are crazy, although its a captive audience, doing it yourself you will struggle to find the correct sockets and plugs

Yep, that cable was circa £70 back when I got it

£40 worth of coding somewhere that knows their way around. You’ll also need a facelift cabin headlight switch, one from a xenon car

Everything else including DRL’s plug into the harness, it was plug and play beside the coding. Code the sensors in too if they’re not working, I was lucky as everything worked first try

In fact I spent longer removing old headlights than it took for coding and getting things working

Eventually, I didn’t get around to fitting everything permanently and sold everything, eventually the car and just purchased a facelift car. Too much mucking around for a set of fancy lights IMO

Did you manage to install distronic?

Really impressive job. The colour cluster makes a massive difference.

can you show me the steps to virgin eeprom and what to chose with SD? I have all tools as I do mileage and tuning etc... Also can you share how and where you fitted the front windscreen camera? And also all part numbers would be awesome, my email is [email protected] if you prefer to email me all info and maybe virgin eeprom dump? Thank you

can you show me the steps to virgin eeprom and what to chose with SD? I have all tools as I do mileage and tuning etc... Also can you share how and where you fitted the front windscreen camera? And also all part numbers would be awesome, my email is [email protected] if you prefer to email me all info and maybe virgin eeprom dump? Thank you

Desolder the eeprom chip and virgin it remove data from it so its like new unvirgin, plug into car open xentry star and go on initial start up and go through options and pair with other modules then should give you option to rectify mileage if not use like mileage correction tool set correct mileage

Ah no I got distracted, got half the parts just never got to it, maybe a summer project
How are you SCN coding options on a car that Mercedes have restricted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom