More Retrofits to my Pre-Facelift W204, colour cluster, SLA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some may remember i retrofitted NTG4.7 to my 2010 W204

Ntg4.7 retrofit into Pre-facelift W204: Completed

I have recently been at it again and fit the following.

Full colour cluster from a W212 2014, i made this Virgin from the eeprom dump then ran the initial startup with SD, this married the cluster, coded the SSID, Drive Authorisation and copied over the Assyst data.

In addition to making the cluster Virgin again i enabled the AMG menu.

From there i have retrofitted the windscreen camera and enabled Speed Limit Assist and just tonight turned on Traffic Sign assist after a number of firmware upgrades.

My next mission is to enable Lane Keeping, Attention assist and Distronic, possibly Blind Spot.

Lane keeping is 80% the way there just need a loom, ESP controller and vibration motor.

Distronic is the same just need the wiring loom i have the controller and radar

All this has been done using genuine Mercedes parts, the wiring looms are the hardest thing to get hold of, the rest of it is simple.

Thes options had never been available on the pre-facelift W204 (Distronic was in some countries i believe)

Anyway some piccys for you

(NOTE MY WIFE TOOK THE PHOTO'S BEFORE ANYONE JUMPS)

How did you get the car to communicate with the Video and radar sensor unit? I am trying to retrofit distronic and have installed all the parts and wiring, but I cant get access to the VRDU and ARS310 control units in Vediamo.

Some may remember i retrofitted NTG4.7 to my 2010 W204

Ntg4.7 retrofit into Pre-facelift W204: Completed

I have recently been at it again and fit the following.

Full colour cluster from a W212 2014, i made this Virgin from the eeprom dump then ran the initial startup with SD, this married the cluster, coded the SSID, Drive Authorisation and copied over the Assyst data.

In addition to making the cluster Virgin again i enabled the AMG menu.

From there i have retrofitted the windscreen camera and enabled Speed Limit Assist and just tonight turned on Traffic Sign assist after a number of firmware upgrades.

My next mission is to enable Lane Keeping, Attention assist and Distronic, possibly Blind Spot.

Lane keeping is 80% the way there just need a loom, ESP controller and vibration motor.

Distronic is the same just need the wiring loom i have the controller and radar

All this has been done using genuine Mercedes parts, the wiring looms are the hardest thing to get hold of, the rest of it is simple.

Thes options had never been available on the pre-facelift W204 (Distronic was in some countries i believe)

Anyway some piccys for you

(NOTE MY WIFE TOOK THE PHOTO'S BEFORE ANYONE JUMPS)

@gibsonk Hi there, I am new to this forum and generally to the Mercedes world. I now own a S212 E250 CDI which came with a 5 cluster monochrome IC. I have now purchased the exact cluster you have shown here ie. 3 cluster from a donor CDI 250. I am keen to really understand the procedure to virginise the cluster and perform the adaptations without losing any of my current config. Also read in a few places that there might even be a DPF error?. I am in the process of setting up Xentry Passthru and hoping this will be part of the solution. I have also read that Vediamo can do the backup of the current cluster config and write it to the new cluster, but no one seems to be willing to share the steps. A little confused as to why this is the case other than commercial reasons. Hoping you can wise me up in this space and I promise you a cold beverage if you are ever in Oz in the future. Thanks mate

@gibsonk Hi there, I am new to this forum and generally to the Mercedes world. I now own a S212 E250 CDI which came with a 5 cluster monochrome IC. I have now purchased the exact cluster you have shown here ie. 3 cluster from a donor CDI 250. I am keen to really understand the procedure to virginise the cluster and perform the adaptations without losing any of my current config. Also read in a few places that there might even be a DPF error?. I am in the process of setting up Xentry Passthru and hoping this will be part of the solution. I have also read that Vediamo can do the backup of the current cluster config and write it to the new cluster, but no one seems to be willing to share the steps. A little confused as to why this is the case other than commercial reasons. Hoping you can wise me up in this space and I promise you a cold beverage if you are ever in Oz in the future. Thanks mate
@gibsonk any help at all.. I do have a cluster virginised and taught into the car. Now the mounting bit.. how did you do it please?... which trim fits?. Looking for your assistance in anyway possible here please. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom