More Torque than expected.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter103

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E 350 Bluetec Prem+Coupe.
My E350 Prem. Plus coupe, I've always thought that the lbs ft, torque figure for my OM642 was 458lbs ft. Which is what reviews, and road Tests give. Just looked up my VIN No. it gives, Engine,increased performance. Torque 700 newton/mtrs, which in turn gives 516.22 lbs,ft. of torque. No complaints from me, always thought it was a bit quick compared to my previous E350 OM 642 coupe. I've had the car more than two years.

My E350 Prem. Plus coupe, I've always thought that the lbs ft, torque figure for my OM642 was 458lbs ft. Which is what reviews, and road Tests give. Just looked up my VIN No. it gives, Engine,increased performance. Torque 700 newton/mtrs, which in turn gives 516.22 lbs,ft. of torque. No complaints from me, always thought it was a bit quick compared to my previous E350 OM 642 coupe. I've had the car more than two years.

More talk than expected? I’m fairly sure that Mrs Peter103 says the same about you. :D

It has been known, when exiting a roundabout at a rate of knots even on dry tarmac, a sharp dig in the ribs from mrs103, followed by the odd expletive uttered in a semi scream, that possibly I was going a bit quick.
There's many a slip twixt Torque and lip! :confused:

Last edited:
^ You have exactly the same torque figures as the 2003-2006 E55K, so it will be very quick off the line.

Same peak torque on the W164 420 diesel V8, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom