More tread on New car tyres ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you look at this link: http://www.nokiantyres.com/tyre?id=10924145&group=1.02&name=Nokian+Z+G2
and check the Driving Safety and Aquaplaning Indicator it shows that after 3mm. the chance of Aquaplaning increases greatly, actually by about 80 odd percent at 76kph!

By the way I have been fitting these tyres to my cars for about 8 years now, never a problem. Plus my last set of NRV's (which you can't get now) did close to 63,000 miles!!! I did rotate them at 10,000 mile intervals. Front to Back.

I now have the 'Z's which look and feel great!

Cheers, Bill.

NB. It's worthwhile looking round the site, lots of useful info on it. Oh, and one more thing, I managed to find the 'Z's at SETYRES (they are hard to find) and paid ONLY £55.00 each, fitted & balanced!!! BARGAIN...............

Most tyres come with 8mm tread apart from off road tyres where about 12mm is minmum expected.

The wear = loss of wet traction is true but being eroded (a bit) by some new tyre technology that enables the gaps in the tread to be moulded in an arch like profile so that as the tyre wears the gap gets bigger and aids water dispersion.

Still being tested AFAIK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom