Morethan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robert.farmer

Car
the only car is a Merc
I insured wifey's car with Morethan on the internet, or so i thought, don't do it on the net it doesn't work, to cut a long story short, she has been driving for 4 weeks with no insurance, they are not at all helpful on the phone either. BE WARNED

No cover note or insurance cert after 2 days and alarm bells should have been ringing.

Slightly different but with Elephant when I went to pick the C43 up after I had changed the details I made them fax a cover note straight through. I know the fax counts for little but its peace of mind that it has all gone through and that you are insured.

It always worth a phone call after you email confirmation to make sure all has gone through.

andy_k said:
that's not very lucky :(

seriously though, how did that happen?

please tell us more

Andy
As i said i did it on the net, they gave me a price with monthly insallments ans i pressed the accept button,a week went by without hearing from them so i rang them up only to hear they knew nothing about it, the chap i spoke to said they didn't do insallments on the net, we had words about that and in the end we agreed a price with installments and i was to receive it in the post, no post arrived so i rang again to find they had no knowledge of it, after a few more words another price was agreed and a temporary certificate would be sent so that i could tax the car, that arrived,i was told a few days later i would receive direct debit details, i then of course forgot about it until i was reminded and then found that the certificate had run out. I rang them and was told that it had been cancelled so wifey has been using car with no insurance. I then in anger insured her car with another company and mine also(cheaper i might add) then rang Morethan to cancel mine to be told they had already cancelled it so when i cool down i am going to write a letter of complaint to the company. :devil:

:eek: Ive been with morethan now for 4 years,I cant remember if I originally joined via the internet but most likely got the quote then rang them and sorted my insurance that way. They have always come up trumps with the renewal quotes for me, even when I have said I can get cheaper elsewhere ;) They have always done what they said they woud do and matched the price,When I made a claim a few years ago I didn't have any problems with them.Its a pity you have had such a bad experience with them, hopefully its an isolated incident.

There's always a trick with doing anything like this on the net. if you don't get an almost immediate email to confirm it prob hasn't worked ;)

andy_k said:
that's not very lucky :(

seriously though, how did that happen?

please tell us more

Andy
Poor old 'lucky' died a few weeks ago....Maybe he was the MD and took the company down six feet with him!

I asked them for a quote once, when I told them at the end of the call I was phoning around, the Women shounted 'You not gonna get any better, so why are you gonna bother wasting anyone elses time?!'

Hi,

I have been with Morethan for a couple of years now. Signed up on the net, renewed via net (as I posted before a couple of 'rounds' entering your previous quote keeps bringing the premium down :D ). Also just changed registration (via phone and no problems and paperwork promptly sent.

So, overall, my experience with Morethan has been 'more than' good (and I don't work for them etc.).

Just goes to show one persons good insurance Co is another person's pain in the butt ;)

Cheers,

insured with morethan over the net ....117 quid cheeper than anyone else ...did not recive e-mail like you ...phoned then they cpould not find any notes on thier system ...phoned visa ...tranaction earmarked but not taken ...alrm bells. next day policy and all the gubbins fall through the letter box ................faultless ...

I'm with Churchhill and they are right "Dogs..." but were cheapest at time of renewal

When taking out out a policy and you pay for it in full lump sum from debit/credit card it says in the small print that "...unless you inform them 4 weeks in advance before teh renewal date that you do NOt wish to renew with them then they automatically deduct the renewal from your card...". To be safe I have already cancelled the card that I made payment from so I dont get ripped off by them come renewal time.

Off Topic: They not been very helpful with my W203 incident BUT my cosuin's insurers (he was driving car) Norwich Union have been good and he is covered fully comp.

On reading this I thought I'd better check my insurance as I recently renewed with elephant and haven't received any documents. On calling I found out that they hadn't gone ahead with the quote even though I specifically asked them too and remember giving them the credit card details! Arrgh, insurance companies can be so frustrating!

I bought mine online early this month and phones to make sure that the policy was on their database becasue of a discrepancy I had.

Policy documents turned up three days later and everything seems to be fine.

Always best double checking I suppouse to be on the safe side.

Flash said:
To be safe I have already cancelled the card that I made payment from so I dont get ripped off by them come renewal time.

I cancelled a credit card once,(I hadn't used it for 3 months so no outstanding bills would appear and I didnt need it)Everything went ahead ok and as far as I was concerned that was the end of that card.About 9 months later a credit card statment came through the post for that card with £25 on it from someone with an annual debit that I had forgotten about.So it doesnt matter if you've cancelled a card if you havent cancelled with your insurance company they still could debit your credit card. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom