Morgan Motor Company: The Most Honest Car Factory in the World

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Saab 2 stroke

Excellent vid. That after drive program has some gems. Your link led me to this one on on restoring a Rally SAAB - the clock inside evidently comes from a Russian MIG fighter!:cool:

[YOUTUBE HD]tQxD0E62m7s[/YOUTUBE HD]

Wonderful! I have looked down the bonnet of my old Plus 8 and now with my Allard and wondered how those magnificent louvres were made, and now I know.

I have scratched the four wheel bug, but every time I look at those 3 wheelers they have my name on it*

(*the dealer who sold me my Plus 8, Bill Wickham of South Ken, is married to Charles Morgan's sister. There was always considerable confusion then amusement when I rang them up!)

Last edited:
I have scratched the four wheel bug, but every time I look at those 3 wheelers they have my name on it

Have a sit in one. I did the other month and it's a very tight fit even for me. My legs are too long and my right elbow would be forever hanging out the body. I'd still happily 'suffer' one for the week-end if one was offered :)

It all makes the signed AMG engine badge look a bit lame.

I could fancy a 3 wheeler or an Aero 8.

A factory tour at morgan is a great way to spend the morning, for anyone with an enthusiasm for cars. My little lad was slightly disappointed when he realised they didnt have any robotic machines, but made everything with hammers, tin snips and screwdrivers

Last edited:
I think we need Charles Morgan to phone up to set this up...

ask to speak to Charles...

Yes.

Two of us are Morgans, we're coming from the MB club and we'll be in Citroens!

Great clip...real old school manufacture, very enjoyable!

Brilliant !
Thank you for posting this

I used to have the Morgan Aero8, loved it!! If my finance circumstances change for the better, I would not hesitate to buy another, although this time it would be the Plus8 !! ;)

I did the factory tour on Monday and got swept up in the passion surrounding their cars. Today I ordered a Brooklands 3 Wheeler. I'm looking forward to getting it more than any other car!

I did the factory tour on Monday and got swept up in the passion surrounding their cars. Today I ordered a Brooklands 3 Wheeler. I'm looking forward to getting it more than any other car!
Do you think that's why they do factory tours... ;)

Yesterday a 3 Wheeler SuperDry Japan 1 joined the motorway on my way home. We ended up together for nearly 30 miles right into the village I live in.

Very tempting.

The tour wasn't for my benefit. Ironically I wasn't allowed to buy it at the factory as they want you to keep to your local dealer. After a brief test drive at home I was hooked. Do it, I say! It's like riding a motorbike that doesn't fall over.

Fantastic! Fun fun fun.

When do you get it Stumpy and will it have machine gun hole decals on it?

Mid October probably. The Brooklands is a limited run of 50 cars and has a specific spec, so no roundels etc. I prefer them without anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom