Morning all.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Troon

MB Enthusiast
Car
A big one
New member here. Currently a Mk3 Mondeo driver, only ever owned Fords. Pondering getting a post-facelift W211 E220 CDI estate in the medium-term future, so popping in here to read up.

We need a car that fits three child seats across the rear with ample luggage space and capability for roof box and/or bike racks. The wife's C-MAX is good for the first but not the other two, and my Mondeo is a bit too narrow across the rear and with a big LPG tank in the boot can't do the luggage thing. The E-Class seems to tick all the boxes, and from about £13k for a facelift '06, is a veritable bargain, it seems.

Would love to hear members' opinions of their S211s, or any other advice anyone cares to give.

Morning from another new member...and welcome

Hi and welcome to the forum

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You can't fit 3 child seats across the rear seats because of the way the outer seats are sculptured and I know this because I have three children...

Other than that, it's the perfect 'load-lugger', although the 220 engine that you refer to doesn't quite suit the size of the car it should be ample if you are used to a Mondeo.;)

Anything else you can think of, don't hesitate to ask.

You can't fit 3 child seats across the rear seats because of the way the outer seats are sculptured and I know this because I have three children...

Thanks for that tidbit of information. My eldest is 10 and has just passed the magic 135cm mark, so I guess I wouldn't need a seat for her but he time I get around to buying. Presumably it's possible to fit a normal child seat in each outboard seat and still have room in the middle?

When I'm closer to making the decision, perhaps I'll ask around and see if there's anyone local that would let me have a look at theirs.

I have two seats at either side, but by law if you can't physically fit a third seat in, it's not required.
I have also got 2 seats in the boot, making mine a 7 seater.

Whereabouts in our glorious country do you live? I don't mind you having a look at mine to give you an idea.

I'm happy with ours as a load carrier its great. Loaded for a two week trip with 2 adult and 2 small children it was very very good.

42mpg with all this on.....

SSL25314.jpg

You can get speciallay adapted child seat runs that fit three seats across menaing you would then have the larger boot.

3 Child Car Seat - Child Car Seats

Hi welcome to the forum :thumb:

Hello
Welcome from Me too :thumb:

Hi and welcome
Newbie myself well not that new now but away
S211 I love it I went for the 320 cdi so plenty of pulling power when I tow
Off to France soon about 1700 round trip set the cruise control and relax should get about 40 mpg hopefully
Great car for the kids plenty of growing room
Buy it and enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom