Morning all

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Smudger

Car
W211 E320CDI, W208 CLK 320, 260E W124, W219 CLS320
Hi, I am a huge MB fan, living in Wiltshire. Just thought i would drop a line and introduce myself. I have been a Mercedes-Benz fan for a while now. The first MB we bought was a 2008 W211 E320 CDI Elegance estate. We still have this, it is affectionately known as the dogs car although our little border Terrier is lost in the somewhat cavernous rear!

I had a W211 280 CDI Sport for a while, lovely car. My wife had always wanted a Mercedes-Benz Convertible, but with the children in mind it had to be a 4 seater, so we searched high and low and eventually found a 2003 W208 320 Final edition convertible, 60k genuine miles with full dealer history.

I have recently been bitten by the bug again, but for an older, classic MB. I am looking currently at a W124 260E, 80k miles, very nice condition, to add to the 'Stable'.

Hello and welcome

Hiya, welcome, is the Facel yours ?

Welcome , easy to get bitten by the MB bug, bought my first, an W211 E320 six years ago, never having driven one until I went to collect it, and mysteriously have had 2 ML's , an A210 and now an SLK since my first one and not sure why! Hope you are enjoying yours as well.

IMG_1703.jpg IMG_1704.jpg IMG_1705.jpg IMG_1706.jpg IMG_1707.jpg IMG_1708.jpg IMG_1709.jpg IMG_1710.jpg

Thanks all! Not Smudger Smith, sorry Teego!

Right, i have bought the 260E. it has done 79,500 miles, every one recorded and logged, full service history and all the old MOT's to verify. I am actually over the moon with the car! I have to say i fell on my feet with this one. It has an almost perfect body, with no corrosion anywhere! I will try to upload a couple of pictures, I know photos can make a car look better than it is, but trust me, these pictures are a true reflection of this car, its a beauty!

The Facel is (sadly) not mine, but a car i genuinely drool over... A HK500, one of my favourite cars of all time. Here goes with the photos...

Last edited:
Well, that sort of worked, do the pictures always come up small??

I am also after some advice reference the radio in the car. The first owner (i am the 3rd now) had the original radio removed which i think may have been an Audio 10 radio/cassette unit? and replaced with a posh 'Pioneer' thing with a CD player, which no longer works. I would love to put the original radio back in, would it be OK to put this in wanted section? Does anyone keep these old sets or am i hoping against hope?? Also, any advice reference replacement would be gratefully received, for example, if i cannot find an original one what are the options available to me? Maybe someone makes a radio with the old styling/facia but with modern features???

Lots of questions i know...

Any help would be appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom