Moron in 62 plate E320 - Fastest car on the road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But when talking about yourself and Mark, you should put Mark first...so "me and Mark went to the shops" is considered impolite...though technically correct.
Is it though? If so it ruins my theory about deleting the other person. In this instance it would read "Me went to the shops", which is clearly incorrect. But "I and Mark went to the shops" is also wrong isn't it? Me is now confused!

Is it though? If so it ruins my theory about deleting the other person. In this instance it would read "Me went to the shops", which is clearly incorrect. But "I and Mark went to the shops" is also wrong isn't it? Me is now confused!

As am I... wait, yes, me has got it!!!

"I and Mark" is incorrect. The Me and Mark is not in general usage...but I don't think it is absolutely wrong...but I wouldn't use it...we haven't been introduced.

"I and Mark" is incorrect. The Me and Mark is not in general usage...but I don't think it is absolutely wrong...but I wouldn't use it...we haven't been introduced.

Or have we? :eek:

You're right that Mark is irrelevant to the grammatical construct.

Mark and I can do anything I can (being polite, I let him do it first).

Anything that happens to me can happen to Mark and me (being polite, I let it happen to Mark first).

But more important than grammar, WTF is this Mark and why did he pop up in this thread?:D

Last edited:
Just to add to the confusion, if you were Rastafarian, "I and I went to the shops" would be correct.

With regard to the original topic - the two cars are miles apart in terms of performance.

Having recently been in lane 1 of a dual carriageway, with a 530d in lane 2 (E60 - which is not quite the same as a W212 350 with 306, but not far off), I absolutely killed it. Maybe he thought it was an E320CDI? :dk:

I would expect a W210 E55 to be doing as it did in the OP's post.

renault12ts said:

Why is I" and Mark" incorrect rather than just rude / odd? "I and a number of my friends went to rob a shop and deck some bloke called Mark" sounds right to me

Why is I" and Mark" incorrect rather than just rude / odd? "I and a number of my friends went to rob a shop and deck some bloke called Mark" sounds right to me

If you quote the context I can explain..."Mark and I went..." is correct.

Last edited:
Just to add to the confusion, if you were Rastafarian, "I and I went to the shops" would be correct.

I've heard the expression but didn't realise that's what it meant, so I looked up its origin:

"often used in place of "you and I" or "we" among Rastafari, implying that both persons are equal and united under the love of Jah."

...which is very noble, if somewhat confusing.

Paul/ said:
I've heard the expression but didn't realise that's what it meant, so I looked up its origin:

"often used in place of "you and I" or "we" among Rastafari, implying that both persons are equal and united under the love of Jah."

...which is very noble, if somewhat confusing.

That's correct. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom