Morris minor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The _Don

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mb
Might be of interest to the elder members here

image-1261693308.jpg

The best Moggy I've seen was featured in a magazine called "Race Car Engineering" some years back. A guy had chopped one down the middle, widened it by a foot or so, chopped out the floor and dropped the whole thing on to a space frame with 2.0 zetech, independent coil-overs, LSD etc. and then painted it in the original olive green. At 1st glance you just saw a moggy!

The best Moggy I've seen was featured in a magazine called "Race Car Engineering" some years back. A guy had chopped one down the middle, widened it by a foot or so,

Alec Issigonis did that in the Forties!

Indeed he did, the very first ones were 4" narrower. hence the band in the middle of the bonnet.

And the extra strips on the bumpers, tooling had already been finalised for them. Helped restore one a while back- great fun to drive!

I used to work with a bloke at Longbridge called Morris Minor.

And the extra strips on the bumpers, tooling had already been finalised for them. Helped restore one a while back- great fun to drive!

Indeed again, though on the later ones the bumpers were one piece.

The one thing I remember most about these cars was they had a tendency to make a farting sound when accelerating and changing up a gear.

I remember them - had a steering column that would go straight through the heart in the event of a crash!!

I remember them - had a steering column that would go straight through the heart in the event of a crash!!

Just proves that the most vital component is the nut holding the steering wheel:D

But all but the later ones, which just might have had a collapsible column, had a lovely sprung-spoke steering wheel to bounce off.:D. On my 1958 Traveller, it was deep dished.

I once drove a traveller with a really stiff clutch pedal.
Went to change up in a hurry and pulled on the steering wheel for leverage, there was no nut hoding it on the splines and it came right off in my hands!!!
Weird thing is that I ended up buying the house right alongside where this happened.

We've got a 1970 Travellor in Trafalgar Blue. My wife has had it since she was 18, so 23 years and counting.

Been completely rebuilt, new wood, wings, paint, engine has had an unleaded head but thats it.

Not my cup of tea, but its cute and I know I would be shown the door before her Moggy would!

We've got a 1970 Travellor in Trafalgar Blue. My wife has had it since she was 18, so 23 years and counting.

Been completely rebuilt, new wood, wings, paint, engine has had an unleaded head but thats it.

Not my cup of tea, but its cute and I know I would be shown the door before her Moggy would!

My other half has owned a series 3 land rover since 17 and is very attached! I did suggest selling it, you should have seen the look I got!:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom