Mosselman Co%

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PhilJ

Anyone know what the Co percentage at idle of a 24v 3.0L W124 Mosselman twin turbo should be?

What year is the vehicle 1988-91ish?

Given what you are refering to is a non-standard engine the MoT inspection manual should have a decision tree chart with yes/no options.

I know for passenger cars 1st August 1992- 31st August 2002 that a turboed engine such as yours would require the tester to perform a non CAT test because the tester will be unable to find an EXACT match in the analyser database

CO<= 3.5%
HC<= 1200ppm

I would imagine your engine will have to fulfill rather similar requirements.

If you need, PM me an email address and I will send you the relevant info I have - you could then use that to go to a local tester and ask them to show you the corresponding page for your car.

Anyone know what the Co percentage at idle of a 24v 3.0L W124 Mosselman twin turbo should be?

Mosselman spec is 1.3 - 1.7% C.O. @ 650-700 RPM idle speed.

The Mosselman enrichment electronics have no impact on the CIS-E at idle or no boost conditions. :thumb:

Ed A.

Mosselman spec is 1.3 - 1.7% C.O. @ 650-700 RPM idle speed.

The Mosselman enrichment electronics have no impact on the CIS-E at idle or no boost conditions. :thumb:

Ed A.

Would you happen to have the HC figures to hand too? His car (if in the UK) will get tested for them as well

Would you happen to have the HC figures to hand too? His car (if in the UK) will get tested for them as well

I believe the CO numbers were for a non catalyst car.

They never published the HC figures but I can give you a real world example.

My 1988 300CE M103-12V with a TurboTechnics twin turbo install with two ( one for each turbo ) Magnaflow spun metal high flow cats tested at idle: CO=.43 HC= 100PPM.

Basically the TurboTechnics or Mosselman at idle performs as stock.
If the basic CIS-E is up to spec then the test should be the same as a well tuned NA engine.

Ed A.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom