Mosselman Twin Turbo Kit for 300 24v M104 engines

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ads_wight

Hi,

I've been forced to sell my Mosselman Twin turbo kit from my 300TE24, it's on e bay, search item number 8005557281.

Adam

However interesting your turbo happens to be, it isnt really in the spirit of the forum to join for the sole purpose of abusing the classified section to sell your wares.

How about a little introduction and perhaps some tales of your 300TE Turbo? :)

Last edited:
The Twin Turbo kit looks very interesting. How has it changed the performance and the fuel consumption? What are the 2X 10mm oil pipes that have to fit into the block?

Don't be put off by Sp!ke, his bark is a lot worse than his bite!

IIRC it should put bhp up to about 330 if working properly..... :)

dont' know about fuel consumption

Agreed with Spike but it's on my watch list - once I've checked with Mosselmann whether or not it is the correct kit for the 320 it may just get a bid from me :)

Andy

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Anyone know if the exhaust manifold bolt pattern on the 12v is the same as the 24v ???

This could be another new year swap !

Mark

Nice welcome from Spike

Thanks for the welcome Spike!!!

Have been an avid petrol head since passing my test in 1984, have always favoured two marques Alfa Romeo and Mercedes, although the two could not be any different with plus's and minus's both sides.

I have had many Mercedes,and love the 80 to 90's styling and build quality, best all round car to date has been the Merc Cosworth which is a great car with brilliant chassis dynamics.

Got into W124 estates when I started my own business and needed practicality, performance (first estate was 12v 300TE) and reliability.

The Te24 found its way to me recently and with the twin turbo set up gives excellent low range to top range performance with a lovely sound backdrop of the twin turbos winding up, the downside is that although the engine in theory at controlled throttle openings is more efficient, when you put your foot down you can use some juice!!

The car itself is AMG kitted in Champagne with AMG 17" (not monoblocks, think the Americans call them AMG Hammers) It features traction contol, leather, and AMG suspension (front shocks anyway)

Also have a 230TE I am doing up for the girlfriend.

Good luck if your interested, don't know if it fits 12valve, dont think it will as manifolds are different.

Adam

Yes it was....and its still being driven, minus the turbo set up.

Is that the TE that was for sale around Ringwood? Had a look at her, but hate to say it those are not the alloys that were fitted to the AMG Hammer.

Is there any chance you could post a piccy of the alloys , as i can't visualise what they look like ....

many thanks

H

I have tried to attach image to no avail. Basically they are like a five spoke design with AMG lettering cast into them. Another forum refers to them as AMG Hammers.

Adam

Hmmm .... not sure then, the AMG Hammer was a type of car , not wheel, it was the 5 litre 380ish bhp AMG w124 .....

I think the correct AMG wheel for the w124 era is the Styling 1 or 2 ....

I think i can picture which one you mean now, its like a styling 2 but the edges of the spokes are have 'edges' to them, like they have been machined rather than cast ?

Heres a picture of an AMG Hammer

Thanks for the info Howard, wheels are not like that, but not like the usual AMG's. Will try and find out how to post picture.

Cheers Adam

Ads_wight said:
Thanks for the info Howard, wheels are not like that, but not like the usual AMG's. Will try and find out how to post picture.

Cheers Adam
More like this?...
dsc05729small6wz.jpg

Ads_wight said:
I have tried to attach image to no avail. Basically they are like a five spoke design with AMG lettering cast into them. Another forum refers to them as AMG Hammers.

Adam

they sound like the Penta design as in this thread

Andy

welcome to the forums.

Good luck with your sale! I have driven a TT Mosselman C280 in the states, it was a monster!!!

Ok hopefully this will clear up some of the confusion re Hammer alloys.

Most Hammers had alloys as per the two attachments which are pictures of a Hammer Saloon and the other a Coupe. Most Hammers were Coupe's.

Originally the wheel centres would have been body coloured, however, the CE has had them customised slightly.

The very very early Hammers had 16" Penta's and some of the very last Hammers had the style shown on the black CE Hammer as attached earlier in the thread.

Bear in mind however, that there were only 29 Hammers made in the production run from 1985-1990 due to the exorbitant price tag when new....the last 6.0 CE Hammer had a sale price of $160,000 in 1990.....Thats one hack of a price :eek:

Cheers

Vlad

Attachments

• amg_w124_4.jpg
    amg_w124_4.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCN0092.jpg
    DSCN0092.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN0093[1].jpg
    DSCN0093[1].jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 32