Most Depressing Forum.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickg

MB Enthusiast
Car
2000 SL500, 2005 Touareg 5.0 V10 diesel
I have spent the last couple of weeks on this forum reading of members:

- innocently getting crashed into then attacked with a crowbar by the perpetrator;
- having their cars smashed/slashed/bashed and in the course of defending their property have been attacked to the point of attempted murder by the assailant;
- intervening in the defence of others who are being physically attacked and being accused themselves of some wrong-doing;
- on all occasions the police response has been either to do nothing and effectively shrug their shoulders "no witnesses so we can't do nuffink guvnor", or arresting the victims of the crime on merely the word of the criminal;

- on a lesser scale (but very irritating), PCNs issued in totally unreasonable circumstances.

Having, in the past few months, had my house broken into and car stolen, and experienced first-hand just how useless our police have become, I am now thoroughly depressed.
I have also had to shell out for unreasonable PCNs because I cant be bothered to fight the b*st*rds.

Can the increase in miserable stories recounted on this forum be coincidence, or is it further evidence that this country is going down the toilet at an ever-increasing rate??

discuss. :(

sorry to hear that your feeling low :( have some nana's to cheer yourself up :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

nickg said:
I have also had to shell out for unreasonable PCNs because I cant be bothered to fight the b*st*rds.
:(

But why pay up if it's unreasonable? The authorities thrive on laziness like this. Yes, it's a hassle to complain but it all helps jam the system.

I only pay a ticket if it's a fair cop and all the details are 100% accurate.

I am sure that during the ascendancy of the Roman Empire you would have heard of people moaning about having their chariots nicked, lands confiscated and women raped.

I had my car broken in to 15 years ago. I had the robbers abandoned hammer, pair of sunglasses, photo's he took with my camera that he stole (left the film which amused me) and his DNA evidence in the urine he left on my seat. The police congratulated me on making a hammer and pair of sunglasses out of the incident.

So far as PCN's are concerned - there are so many more cars around that there are bound to be more PCN's. Traffic wardens have been despised for as long as I can remember but by and large people are responsible for the PCN's they receive. By & large it is easy to avoid getting a PCN - just do what the sign says.

No, I don't think we're going down the toilet. It is still a minority that ruins it for the majority BUT still the majority are generally decent largely law abiding folk.

996jimbo said:
I am sure that during the ascendancy of the Roman Empire you would have heard of people moaning about having their chariots nicked, lands confiscated and women raped.

:D :D You always get someone willing to cheer us all up. :bannana:

Regards,
John

Reactions: PJH
996jimbo said:

I had my car broken in to 15 years ago. I had the robbers abandoned hammer, pair of sunglasses, photo's he took with my camera that he stole (left the film which amused me) and his DNA evidence in the urine he left on my seat. The police congratulated me on making a hammer and pair of sunglasses out of the incident.

So far as PCN's are concerned - there are so many more cars around that there are bound to be more PCN's. Traffic wardens have been despised for as long as I can remember but by and large people are responsible for the PCN's they receive. By & large it is easy to avoid getting a PCN - just do what the sign says.

No, I don't think we're going down the toilet. It is still a minority that ruins it for the majority BUT still the majority are generally decent largely law abiding folk.

So things are just as toilet as they always were. Thats made me feel better ;)

Except now they have flushing systems, so it's going even quicker down the toilet.... :)

Cheer up. Posts like this make me want to cheer myself up by listening to some R.E.M!!! LOL

Nick, you are on your second SL60 and obviously do ing well for yourself. Chin up!

I appreciate where you are 'coming from' but unfortunately its just that we get more incensed to share our grievences than our good times - human nature I guess.

BTW Today in harrogate it started out as a beautiful sunny morning and the day was looking great . . . nah - its boring :p

The main problem is the media of course - they revel in crap and problems to sell newspapers and advertising - the fact is that we dont all NEED to know about most of it . . .

What annoys me most is when they say its 'in the public interest' when they really mean its of 'interest to the public' ie they'll buy our papers if we print this ! :rolleyes:

cheer up, smell the roses and have another nana :bannana:

I think the answer has to be that you are all living in the wrong part of the country... :D

Around here, the parking has not gone to some cash-hungry local firm (the local traffic warden left a note on my car asking me to leave it somewhere else - when I saw her, she said she knew I lived locally, so was happy to resolve the issue that way!).

My car tyres got slashed by some yoof (up here from Essex for the weekend!) and the local Cops had him nicked within the hour (it was 1am) and kept him in until gone 5pm the following day.

We have a slower pace of life, but by goodness the quality seems soooooooo much better.

Oh, and according to Bike Magazine, some of the best driving roads in the country ;)

Well I had a couple of unusually unpleasant incidents on Saturday. First a guy in an old Galaxy went up the back of my SL and refused to give his details because no damage was immediately obvious (all I got was his registration). Then we took the kids (aged 3 and 5) to McDonalds after the cinema, and a serious fight broke out! Plenty of screaming, blood, etc., and sitting there while a group of thugs tried to kick their way in after the staff locked the doors waiting for the cops and ambulance to turn up. Not a very nice end to the day ...

I find this sort of thing depressing.

Mrs X."They were slack. We rang about five minutes after it happened. They would have caught him more than likely because he was wearing a bright white jacket and you could hardly miss it at that time in the morning."

Surrey Police: A police spokeswoman said it was “standard procedure” that officers would not to be called out when a theft is reported if 15 minutes had elapsed between the time of the call and the offence.

In a statement she said police received the call, which lasted for one minute 12 seconds at 4.28am and a recording of the call had been analysed. She added: “The tape clearly states that when the call taker asked how long ago the incident happened she replied approximately 10 to 15 minutes ago.

On the basis of this information and reviewing the circumstances of the incident, a decision was made not to deploy a unit. Instead the caller was referred to the crime reporting bureau for a full crime report to be taken.”

nickg said:
Can the increase in miserable stories recounted on this forum be coincidence, or is it further evidence that this country is going down the toilet at an ever-increasing rate??

Hardly.

Oh yes.

Here's to drowning our sorrows. Cheers :D

Swiss Toni said:
My car tyres got slashed by some yoof (up here from Essex for the weekend!) and the local Cops had him nicked within the hour (it was 1am) and kept him in until gone 5pm the following day.

You have crime??

I think we have the solution. No local beat bobby, no patrolling Police and no local crime??? (Just within the two avenue's :) )

John

glojo said:
You have crime??

I think we have the solution. No local beat bobby, no patrolling Police and no local crime??? (Just within the two avenue's :) )

John

Devon & Cornwall are NOT two avenues... :D

I have not long been a member of this forum but since reading about these recent acts of violence that Nikcg mentions, I too have become more miserable and from Bearface's encounter even less willing to help a fellow human being in trouble than ever.
I have always felt that criminals get away with more today than they did in previous generations partly because of the fact that everyday people turn a blind eye.
There was a time when a whole street would have come out to defend a neighbours property. These days people just draw their curtains tighter.

I know where your coming from Nickg and feel the same.
Mac.

Reactions: PJH
SLK keyed on Saturday and Marcos shot at today.

Well Nickg I can see where you are coming from. Perhaps that's why I am considering selling a lot of my toys as the chance to use them to their full is getting more and more difficult. Perhaps there is an MB club forum member out there that can arrange for the Blair/Brown family and the entire EEC to personally sample the supposed very rare strain of bird flue and then write a health and safety proposal on it if they survive.

I can now add my name to the list of aggrieved - our small run-around car(which has to be parked on the street) had a window smashed last night.
Nothing taken(there was nothing too take) - just your commom vandalism...

i had a brick or similar hurled at my car last week and barry had his badgwe nicked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom