Most/least favourite thing about your Merc.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pauls500

Car
s500
What do you love and what gets on your nerves. Simple really ( don’t be that person that says ‘oh I hate how powerful and fast it is’ ).
Pic. Details. Loves. Hates.

full

2006 S500. 75k on the clock.

I love how bomb proof it all feels. At motorway speeds it’s barely ticking over and practically silent but if you give it the beans it thinks about what gear your asking for and delivers it in no more than 20 seconds flat haha.

Hate the bloody clock !! It’s never right and if you want to reset it you practically have to dress up as a ninja and creep up on the car in the dead of night ( trust me I’m not kidding here)

On my old s class like yours I hated the indicator noise!

I love the super relaxed feel of driving my S212 and it goes surprisingly well when you need it to. It’s a great mile muncher. It also feels super solid and well screwed together. But I just wish the suspension was a bit more cosseting. Mines an Avantgarde and on 17’s and it just feels a tad too firm for the type of car it is (I.e a big wafty load lugger)

Mercedes in my experience are pretty poor in making electric window mechanisms for some reason. They always have problems with the glass coming off the runners.

Also their door mirror glass does not stand the test of time too well.

The seats in the S213 are sooooo uncomfortable !

Most of my car would fall into the favourite category, I pretty much like everything about it. Apart from the sun visor. If I put it in position to shield the sun (vising?) all is good, but then if I push it back up with my left hand, which is what comes naturally to me, the bloody thing unhooks on the left and swiftly goes straight across my my line of sight and then I have a few dodgy seconds of trying to get the poxy thing clipped back in whilst doing 70mph on the A3. Doesn't seem to matter how gently I try, left hand sun visor use is dangerous in my car. Slowly re-learning to use my right hand...

w212 250 cdi,

pet hate ,engine noise in general. Everything else im happy with

Oh, I hate how powerful and fast it is. Honest, officer.... ;)

I hate the lane keeping assist feature that buzzes the steering wheel if you change lanes without indicating; I'm quite capable of deciding if I need to indicate or not. Fortunately, it was very easy to disable. The blind spot warning, however, is excellent and very useful, the more so because the B pillars are a long way back and the rear windows are heavily tinted.

My CL500 ..I love the looks especially the rear. I hate the anxiety of the ABC.

Attachments

• 20210403_224610.jpg
    20210403_224610.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
I love the seat belt feeders on our CLK, they are so handy!

Not so wild about having no indication that the headlights have come on as it’s not always possible to tell until it gets dark. Oh, and adjusting the analogue clock .......grrr!

Love lots, hate nothing.

If I had to be specific, I love the engine, an least like, errrr, ummmm, the floor mats. Recently woven mats are nota patch on the velour mats in previous generations. Actually I really do dislike them. Actively trying to find replacement velour mats.

Virtually depreciation free. 2001 CLK 320 two owners from new and always serviced properly which probably accounts for its Toyota like reliability.

Absolutely love the interior on my 2018 W205 C200. Dislike the hesitation of the engine/transmission (1.5l petrol) when coming off the throttle to coast up to a junction and then accelerating to pull out. Also dislike how soon the stop/start kicks in e.g. before the car has completely stopped - dangerous IMO.

Absolutely love the interior on my 2018 W205 C200. Dislike the hesitation of the engine/transmission (1.5l petrol) when coming off the throttle to coast up to a junction and then accelerating to pull out. Also dislike how soon the stop/start kicks in e.g. before the car has completely stopped - dangerous IMO.
That needs to go back to a dealer, the car should come to a complete stop before it kicks in.

Here`s a laugh for you all,
I didnt know mine had stop/start so the first time it did it...in a jam, fast lane of the M1 about 3 weeks in of owning it.....i cussed it lit a fag & mused how much it cost to buy etc questioned if it knew its father etc.....only for it to burst back into life seconds later!..:banana:

I love just about everything on my 212. My two favourite things are the engine and the air suspension. If I could only have one of those it would have to be the engine.

I don't like the the fact that t hasn't got a sunroof. Four years in and I still miss having one.

Even my wife's Fiat 500 has one. On a sunny day like today the difference inside is vast.

I've only had the old girl 6 weeks, so she's still very new to me.
I love the overall look, the curves, the lines, the badge on the front. She looks very stylish. I love how effortless she is to drive, the power, the pick-up, the quietness of the engine, even on a motorway. How 90mph seems like 50mph. I love the dash, and the different displays I can have. I love the modern luxuries I have that I didn't have on my last car, C180 2005. I love that I can plug my ipod in, the digital radio (radio 6 music, yeahhhh!), the rear parking assist. I like that I can drive in comfort or eco mode to work, but can easily stick it in sport mode when I feel like it, like when Mr Boy Racer pulls up next to me and sees a 40-odd year old woman in the car next to him and thinks he can out-accelerate me from the lights. I love how, even if I pull away gently from the lights, I am way ahead of people. I love the stop/start.
I love that when I bought it, it had less than 6000 miles on it!!

I don't "hate" anything. However, I do have only the (relative) standard spec. I would have liked a sunroof (although I've never had one), it doesn't have auto-close for the wing mirrors (or a button that I can simply press). The sat nav doesn't understand me that well. My old C180, you could "feel" like you were driving it, this is just too easy to drive (I don't hate that, in most ways, it's better).

Love the unparallel smoothness of the engine at any RPM but particularly tickover. I sometimes stop at a traffic light, panic slightly and have to check that the engine is actually switched on.

I dislike that this is my first car that actually had me temporarily left stranded with what later turned out to be an intermittent wheel ABS speed sensor. This sensor kept reading the car as moving when it actually was stationary thus making it impossible for me to shift it into drive.

By the way OP, there is a software update that resolves the clock issue you described so you need to come up with another thing you hate ;)

I love the E350 for so many reasons. It is such an all round capable, classy, beautifully built piece of engineering. It’s sublime ride is in my opinion unsurpassed, and with seemingly endless, almost brutal amount of torque makes driving it an absolute joy.
You’d be struggling to find any Achilles heel, let alone something to hate, but it’s occasional hesitation due to it‘s fly by wire throttle operation can be frustrating. I’m hoping an up and coming visit to Will at GAD Tuning may well make this irritant disappear. 😎

Love the unparallel smoothness of the engine at any RPM but particularly tickover. I sometimes stop at a traffic light, panic slightly and have to check that the engine is actually switched on.

I dislike that this is my first car that actually had me temporarily left stranded with what later turned out to be an intermittent wheel ABS speed sensor. This sensor kept reading the car as moving when it actually was stationary thus making it impossible for me to shift it into drive.

By the way OP, there is a software update that resolves the clock issue you described so you need to come up with another thing you hate ;)
Thank you for the heads up I will have a look, I’m thinking of upgrading to the IWC clock when one comes up for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom