Most/least favourite thing about your Merc.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You will have to bare with me, i've only owned my brand new CLA 220d AMG line 4 days. So you won't be surprised that right now i absolutely love everything about the car. It's my first Mercedes and i love the classy look inside and out. She drives like a dream and it's difficult to believe you are not doing 50mph when in fact you are doing 90mph on the motorway!
My only question now is do I de-badge or not?

I've recently bought one from aliexpress. Quite quick delivery, about £11 delivered
The ones on Ebay although some say will fit the W213, the measurements say otherwise, my foot rest width is 2inches, the ones on Ebay are around 3 inches, length are fine.

Will look on aliexpress.

Love the car but hate the stop/start and there is no way to disable it. Yes it's a button on the dash to switch it off but you should be able to turn it off like you can on other cars.
Exactly this.

Most annoying if I forget to disable using the button only to have engine turn off just when I want instant initial acceleration. Also when car not used much I would prefer not add drain to battery & instead allow engine running to put a bit more battery juice back.

Oh.. car as sig (S212 E220 cdi blue efficency)

Exactly this.

Most annoying if I forget to disable using the button only to have engine turn off just when I want instant initial acceleration. Also when car not used much I would prefer not add drain to battery & instead allow engine running to put a bit more battery juice back.

Oh.. car as sig (S212 E220 cdi blue efficency)
On the W213, if you opt for individual drive mode, you can switch it off in there, which I have done, the car will stay in individual drive mode for four hours, then switches back to the default comfort mode.

Reactions: AW8
You will have to bare with me, i've only owned my brand new CLA 220d AMG line 4 days. So you won't be surprised that right now i absolutely love everything about the car. It's my first Mercedes and i love the classy look inside and out. She drives like a dream and it's difficult to believe you are not doing 50mph when in fact you are doing 90mph on the motorway!
My only question now is do I de-badge or not?

Fabulous! Nothing feels like the first time in a Merc. My current one is only 7 weeks old (she's 3 years old, but she's new to me), and I still love her. She's my second Merc, my last one was a 2005 C180.
You won't regret your new one.

Love my solid, comfy Merc. Not so keen on the stupid, overly complex, unreliable parking brake which finally gave up the ghost completely this morning; the release lever has gone horribly slack and the foot pedal refuses to apply the brake. I know it takes up space in the centre console, but why the hell couldn't MB just fit a handbrake lever? It certainly wouldn't cost £130 plus fitting if you broke that.....:mad:

My W123 is 40 years old but I love the fact it’s so comfortable and feels (almost) like a modern car but with none of the modern electronic faff.
Saying that I hate the vacuum system when it leaks. And I second the chap who said he hates the windows which rust at the bottom and are impossible to find new from MB.

Love the LED lights and the high beam assist, which works far better than I expected it to.
Really like that there is just about no wind noise! Which is offset by the noisy tires unfortunately.
The dashboard is amazing.
Being able to ask it to play a particular track / artist / album and it actually works properly.

I don't hate the sound system, but it's supposed to be
Mercedes Benz advanced sound system (225 W) with 10 speakers, 1 central speaker, speakers on doors, a tweeter on door,one sub woofer + boost amplifier
I dread to think what the standard sound system is like.

On the W213, if you opt for individual drive mode, you can switch it off in there, which I have done, the car will stay in individual drive mode for four hours, then switches back to the default comfort mode.

Glad you have a part solution on W213. Meantime I will have to put up with pressing my button.

I don't mind stop/start when battery fully charged & in nose to tail crawling traffic. I do have issues when i want to assist battery recovery or needing immediate forward momentum from a standstill.

Last edited:
Love:

The shape/presence
The engine
The spec & toys
Comfort
Performance and roadholding

Hate:

The way the Merc dealer rubs his hands before handing me the bill
ABC anxiety issues and prices
The leak from the oil cooler which drips onto the exhaust and would cost an arm and a leg to fix.
The fact there are still another 3 ABC corners to eventually replace. (Recurring theme here?)
The way the front tyres scuff on the inside edge no matter how many times I have them realigned.
A satnav which does not literally take the shortest route

Would prefer:

Larger wheels from the standard 18"
Fruitier exhaust + better tips
The cd changer to work again
Ditto the linguatronic (perhaps linked)
45 mpg :rock:

I’ve thought of one thing I’m not keen on. Although I have no issue at all with the iPad monitor (I quite like it there) I’ve never liked the 35mm black band surround. It’d look much more modern and sleek if the display went right up to and slightly around the edge. A little like (some of) Samsung’s infinity phone screens.

Rant over. 🤭

Last edited by a moderator:
The seats are so comfortable and the exhaust tone are my favourite things. Can't decide which I like be best.

The mpg is the most disliked but the comfort of the ride and seats and the exhaust sound take away the disliked things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom