Most/least favourite thing about your Merc.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
First to second gear change isnt the smoothest at all especially when cold... gear oils been changed and I think it seems to have improved but still a bit crunchy 🤔 (viano 2.2)

First to second gear change isnt the smoothest at all especially when cold... gear oils been changed and I think it seems to have improved but still a bit crunchy 🤔 (viano 2.2)
Now is this why my auto box starts in second. Probably not, but I’ve always hated the inability to tear away in first.

Love how the car has become even smoother with time.
Love the comfort of the seats
Love the way that when I feel like being sporty I can push a button to tighten the suspension and make the throttle more responsive, whilst hearing an exhaust note that’s delightful without being intrusive.
Love the start/stop which never fails to instantly fire up the engine.
Love the 306 horses under the bonnet that are ever willing to gallop to my command.
Love the headlights that turn dark roads into daylight where I need it.
Love the panoramic roof that makes the car feel open and inviting.

Hate all of the above because they make it impossible to justify buying a new car.

I love that is doesn't have an "infotainment system" When i want radio 1 i push 1, when i want radio 2 i push 2 and so on ..... with the missus new car when to pull over and have an argument with it then it gives me radio 1 xtra :rolleyes:.

I has actually put me off changing the car, i think i'm the only person in the world to want to downgrade a stereo lol.

I love that is doesn't have an "infotainment system" When i want radio 1 i push 1, when i want radio 2 i push 2 and so on ..... with the missus new car when to pull over and have an argument with it then it gives me radio 1 xtra :rolleyes:.

I has actually put me off changing the car, i think i'm the only person in the world to want to downgrade a stereo lol.
Na me too. Don't get the whole "fancy sound system" in a car thing. Even less so when driving with my roof open. I rarely listen to anything other than talk radio. For long trips we usually load a few audio books on the phone.

Love.....
The look of the car.
The feel of the drive.
The overall engineering (almost).
The feeling of being safe.
Hate....
The fact I’ve bought a car from a company that doesn’t give a monkeys.
The shoddy seat material.
The ridiculously poor timing chain set up.
The subframes made out of chocolate.
Alloy wheels with built in rot.
The feeling that the next bill will be the last.
The fact that I still love it.

S213- I hate the fact I cannot permanently turn off voice direction on the sat nav. It also turns itself back on when it recalculates.

Parking sensors intermittently decide not to work, next time I drive it they work OK? Cant find a fault that don't exist so when I check them they appear fine 🤬

Engine note, (M157 V8).
Don't know what I like least but am sure will think of something.

EDIT: How sensitive the car seems to be to tyre pressures, imbalances.
Every single Merc I have had even from brand new, (I've had 7), suffer from vibration at speed and I'm thinking it must be down to tyre balancing and or pressure. That could be due partly to the road surface of course exacerbating things but may also be due to wear and/or unseen damage I suppose due to a pothole or something. Who knows.

Lack of experienced technicians for older mercs

Not a hate but a moderate irritation. Kilometres per hour displayed permanently instead of outside temperature on many UK models. I understand it’s Merc’s interpretation of the regulations but I’d have thought there was room on the LCD display to show the temperature on more than the default screen on more modern models. Even better would be to make it selectable, I know it can be coded on some models but that shouldn’t be necessary.

Not a hate but a moderate irritation. Kilometres per hour displayed permanently instead of outside temperature on many UK models. I understand it’s Merc’s interpretation of the regulations but I’d have thought there was room on the LCD display to show the temperature on more than the default screen on more modern models. Even better would be to make it selectable, I know it can be coded on some models but that shouldn’t be necessary.
really annoys me that I can't have outside temp as a permanent display. Can't even be coded on R231 SL.

E350 W207 coupe.

+ = The shape of the seats, so nice.

- + The fact the seat simply doesn't drop far enough, feel like I am sitting on the car rather than in it. Perfection missed.

The fact I don’t have it any longer? Does that qualify as an answer?

Is that a positive or a negative?
Ooops, note to self: read the thread title properly.

I loved it, really enjoying the two+ years I had it. So I suppose that it went was what I liked least about it. The reason I didn’t have another, tbh, was that MB introduced that iPad thing blu-tacked to the dashboard on the C-class. Couldn’t live with that.

S213- I hate the fact I cannot permanently turn off voice direction on the sat nav. It also turns itself back on when it recalculates.
Couldn't you just turn the voice volume right down? On the MB SatNav's I have had, it remembers the voice volume setting

Hi Gazwould, thanks for the link, did purchase it, arrived this week, fits perfect on the w213, quality is also good.

Love:
Dumped the troublesome GLC43 at WBAC and pocketed a handsome bonus

Hate:
No credible Merc offerings for my desired style of car and poor financial incentives

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom