Most/least favourite thing about your Merc.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ex black 250 SLK now silver 300 SLC with nearly every option..

+ its understated classy looks, the contrasting gloss black wheels/spoiler/mirror & slightly less silver around the cabin
goes more than fast enough (I have nothing to prove).
slightly less turbulent cabin.
subtle engine burble (C Individual & E settings only)
its dual purpose as a convertible & a coupe
the glass roof keeps the cabin nice & light

- as with the SLK the alloys are already infected with the 'white worm' (25k miles only)
a/c frequently fails then resumes working then fails then resumes then fails then resumes .............
the absolute racket when Sport+ is selected.
nasty plastic flimsy heating controls
the brand is no longer prestigious & is beginning to have the whiff of the Yob - loud V8's/oversized vehicles/excess use of gangster glass etc
the quality no better than the mainstream (my wife's Jazz & in the 1980's assorted company Ford Vauxhalls & Toyota's proved to be more
reliable than both Mercedes) - am convinced most of the electric/electronics will fail by 60k miles

There being more negatives will be happy to bin the SLC but at the moment there is nothing that compares. Now if Lexus or Audi did a folding roof two seater ..............even a more commodious MX-5.

There being more negatives will be happy to bin the SLC but at the moment there is nothing that compares. Now if Lexus or Audi did a folding roof two seater ..............even a more commodious MX-5.
Interesting you think MB is no longer prestigious. The market doesn't seem to agree with you...

My CLS is coming up to 80K miles, and none of the electrics/electronics have failed so far.

Lexus do, or did, a folding-roof two-seater; the SC430. Bit of a slug, and ugly duckling looks, but with Lexus quality and reliability.

Interesting you think MB is no longer prestigious. The market doesn't seem to agree with you...

My CLS is coming up to 80K miles, and none of the electrics/electronics have failed so far.

Lexus do, or did, a folding-roof two-seater; the SC430. Bit of a slug, and ugly duckling looks, but with Lexus quality and reliability.
I agree, my A207 E350 is approaching 90k miles and not a hint of any electronic issues.

Trouble much of the Mercedes market is popularised by types that think heavily tinted windows, oversize alloys & a lumpen body in black communicates 'class' or 'style'. Think crass not class.

Don't forget black wheels too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom