Most reliable charge point?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jdrrco

MB Enthusiast
Car
X218 CLS500 AMG BlueEfficiency Sport Shooting Brake - name almost as long as the car... & W202 C200
Hello EV users.

I work for a charity with a large campus including a conference centre, care home and leisure centre with a swimming pool, sports hall and tennis courts. This means that we have visitors and guests who have EVs. We are looking to install a charge point on site as an amenity for these visitors.

So far, we've only had a quote from British Gas. From your experiences, is there a brand/supplier which is the most reliable, or is there one we should definitely avoid?

Gosh, so none of them are reliable?

No one has done a comprehensive reliability survey afaik - individual anecdotal evidence only I'm afraid. the charger technology is similar from model to model but reliability may depend more on installer [ some intelligent charger suppliers seem fussy about mobile reception for example]- your best bet is to ask locally for successful installs- or try online for EV tech INFO such as Fully Charged--- its a pretty dynamic technology remember so things change/date quickly

I have to agree with grober . Whatever tech you install will probably be old hat within a year or so . Do they offer 'upgrades' like mobile phone sellers do ? Might be something to consider.

Hello EV users.

I work for a charity with a large campus including a conference centre, care home and leisure centre with a swimming pool, sports hall and tennis courts. This means that we have visitors and guests who have EVs. We are looking to install a charge point on site as an amenity for these visitors.

So far, we've only had a quote from British Gas. From your experiences, is there a brand/supplier which is the most reliable, or is there one we should definitely avoid?

It may be worth a look on the Speak EV Forums, lots of experience over there.

It's pretty hard to give a definitive answer as most of the manufacturers gear there chargers for specific circumstances, such as home/work/solar. The only one which I would definitely avoid is the Project EV charger. It's what I have and, whilst being OK for my needs, would not suit many people due to the absolute nightmare of a software system and app they have managed to fit it with. As it's my own personal thing and only gets used occasionally then I can live with it. The only reason it's there is 1: It was fitted for free, which is always a plus, and 2: At the time of fitting, it was one of the few which didn't need an earth spike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom