Most secure car park in Manchester City Centre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Smart ForFour AMG Black Series Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Powered by Brabus
I'm looking for recommendations for the most secure overnight parking in Manchester. Cost is not important but security is.

PS Are there any Japanese style automated car parks which don't allow human access to where the cars are stored?

Somewhere near Norwich?

Manchester is not that bad as a city for car crime in my experience, my various cars get left in public/hotel car parks there all the time and I've never had a problem in 30 years.

Lowry hotel is where my supercar friends tend to stay with their very expensive cars, parking supposed to be secure there.

In terms of a very secure standalone carparks without a hotel I've not come across one so far. Would be interested to know if there is one.

More concerning to me than car crime per se in Manchester is stupidly narrow car parking spaces as all other city centres/ multi stories and associated careless drivers.

Best answer is to look on the British Parking Association website & look for those car parks which have passed BPA & ACPO inspection and have achieved the 'PARKMARK' certification

Dave

I'm looking for recommendations for the most secure overnight parking in Manchester. Cost is not important but security is.

PS Are there any Japanese style automated car parks which don't allow human access to where the cars are stored?

As above Manchester is not that bad! Especially if your in a modern car with nothing on show like a satnav etc. Most "new" cars will need the keys to be started so its not really an option for a thief. I would recommend the long stay car park at Piccadilly train station if want added security.

It has lots of CCTV, an on site police station and decent size spaces.

Car and cycle parking at Manchester Piccadilly station - Network Rail

Thanks for the suggestions folks. Other suggestion welcomed!

Could be worth a look here?
https://www.parkatmyhouse.com/searc...9&start_date=19+Apr+2014&end_date=21+Apr+2014

I've used this service a couple of times in London and been very pleased with it.

I think this would be your best option or see if a forum member will let you leave your car at their house (as long as its secure).

I know Manchester well and have seen a few piles of broken glass in most of the main car parks recently. I was only commneting the other day how this seems to be on the increase again. I would not leave my car overnight in Manchester these days, well not my decent car anyway!

I live 20 miles north of Manchester, you are welcome to put it in my garage, but I'm too far out really!

I was in Manchester a couple of weeks back and the NCP was £12 for just over 2 hours. I would hope for that it's secure.

Lowry hotel is where my supercar friends tend to stay with their very expensive cars, parking supposed to be secure there.

In terms of a very secure standalone carparks without a hotel I've not come across one so far. Would be interested to know if there is one.

More concerning to me than car crime per se in Manchester is stupidly narrow car parking spaces as all other city centres/ multi stories and associated careless drivers.[/

Difficult to fault the hotel in any way...great choice if you can't book the Midland.

More concerning to me than car crime per se in Manchester is stupidly narrow car parking spaces as all other city centres/ multi stories and associated careless drivers.[/

Difficult to fault the hotel in any way...great choice if you can't book the Midland.

Seconded. Great hotel. Only downside predictably is price...

That actually sounds a decent set up and very close to the venue.
The Bauer Millett dealer has been there for years and I'd imagine they would treat cars with respect.
I'm just around the corner at Harvey Nic's on Monday so I'll stick my head round the door and see how things look. :thumb:

You're the man Paul! Thank you.

stevieb15 said:

That's good to know. Did you park at The Lowry and did the parking look secure? I like railway hotels so the Midland has some appeal, what's the parking like there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom