Most Senior MB Person in UK to complain to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Schuey

Car
BMW M4 Comp Pack, BMW S1000RR
Hi,

Can anyone give me the name and possibly email address of the most senior person in MB UK to complain to please, I guess this will be someone in Milton Keynes?

Thanks in advance.

Lewis Hamilton?

The embarrassment of his agent mentioning your bearding of / complaint to should annoy all the way to Germany..

Emails usually get read by assistants when your MD level ... a better trick is to write the person a letter and mark it on the envelope "Private and Confidential" - that way the assistant will not open it - and the intended recipient will.

Thanks Guys.

My car went in for its first service and guess what, they have scratched one of my wheels, brand new Genuine 19" AMG wheels at £500 each that were only fitted just 3 weeks ago and the service manager is trying to be awkward with me when I have complained and asked for a replacement wheel.

I want to let him know that I will be escalating this and so wanted a senior persons name to mention to him so he knows I am serious about this.

Just ask him to repair the wheel for you free of charge

Hi,

Can anyone give me the name and possibly email address of the most senior person in MB UK to complain to please, I guess this will be someone in Milton Keynes?

Thanks in advance.

The President and CEO of Mercedes-Benz UK is a gentleman called Wilfried Steffen .

Thanks Guys.

My car went in for its first service and guess what, they have scratched one of my wheels, brand new Genuine 19" AMG wheels at £500 each that were only fitted just 3 weeks ago and the service manager is trying to be awkward with me when I have complained and asked for a replacement wheel.

I want to let him know that I will be escalating this and so wanted a senior persons name to mention to him so he knows I am serious about this.

Have you asked the dealer principle how they are going to sort it? I wouldn't go in all guns blazing - softly softly to start with and use the names etc if you hit a brick wall.

You catch more flies with sugar than a hammer...:D

Last edited:
I know it's a bit late but whenever my car goes in for any work I get them to check the condition of the car first and write on the service sheet that the wheels and bodywork are in un marked condition.

They don't have a leg to stand on in the event of damage.

Milton Keynes ..a joke if you go down that line good luck.

However if your vehicle went in for a service they should have inspected the car before and ticked off any scratches dents etc and you would have signed that document.

Milton Keynes ..a joke if you go down that line good luck.

However if your vehicle went in for a service they should have inspected the car before and ticked off any scratches dents etc and you would have signed that document.

In the history of my trips to the stealership - I have never been offered that option.

In the history of my trips to the stealership - I have never been offered that option.

You have to ask them to step outside and have a look round the car.

There was a time when CEs and chairmen cared enough about their companies to actually DO something about a customer's complaint. These days, they are FAR to important for all that with their bloated salaries and bonuses and worries about where their next big job will come from (bit like soccer stars!). So INMHO any approach to them cuts no ice - as soon as it is recognised for what it is, the complaint is hived off to a minion in that black hole, the Customer Services Department (once it's with him, he'll duck and dive until you lose the will to live).
After a lifetime of studying the way managements function, I reckon that area managers of a company are the best way to go. These guys are much more accessible, are frequently on the way up and seeking to make a good impression - they love instilling fear into the guys below them and their next promotion depends on getting results.
A recent example: my neighbour bought a crap A5, loads of faults. All he got from the Audi garage was platitudes and fudged repair jobs. He was getting nowhere until he obtained the name of the company area manager. My neighbour was able to get him on the phone (he wouldn't have got Audi's CE on the phone:wallbash:) and gave him hell. From that phone call, everything changed and the next call he got from the local manager was the offer of a new A6, loaded with extras, and a new loan car until it was ready ("this has all been approved by my area manager sir!!").
Get hold of an area manager - and keep on at him until he wants you off his back...!!

Back in the dark , distant past , I actually worked for Audi-Volkswagen , running the technical side of their promotional events .

I well recall that fear and paranoia ruled amongst their middle management - people being promoted or fired according to their performance each month , allocation of company cars also depending on how well you did : Audi 200 one month if you did well , Golf next month if you didn't .

When my parents had a lot of trouble with an 04 reg A-class about 5 years ago, my mother wrote a letter in German to Dr Zetsche. Within 2 days we were told that we'd be dealt with by the chap I said in the previous page. Well worth a shot, if you know someone who knows their German.

Despite your anger you do need to keep a sense of perspective. It is easy to lose the battle by over escalating too quickly. Better to try and resolve at dealer principal level first. Then the MD of the group eg Sytner then MD MB.

I met with the Dealer Principle today. He was a very nice man and took ownership and responsibility of the damage to the wheel and agreed to replace my wheel without me having to argue with him. He agreed that it was not fair to expect me to have a brand new wheel refurbished and said he would replace mine with a new one within the next few days. I'm very pleased about this, he was a man who appreciated someone that wants to look after their car and said he would have expected the same thing had it been his own car. So credit where it is due and I'm pleased I did not have to argue the case even though I was preparing for the worst.

Thanks to all of you who supplied me with useful information. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom