MOT computer glitch at DVLA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jdrrco

MB Enthusiast
Car
X218 CLS500 AMG BlueEfficiency Sport Shooting Brake - name almost as long as the car... & W202 C200
I always get my cars MOTd as soon as I can to allow the breathing space of the "extra" month in case work needs doing.

However, I took my CLS in a couple of weeks ago as usual and was surprised and disappointed to see that the new MOT ran out exactly 12 months after the test, not 13 as is usually the case.

The expiry date is set by the DVLA computer system and cannot be altered the MOT testing station and when I spoke to the tester about this (who I have used for years and trust), he told me it has happened a lot lately with customers of theirs. He has queried it with DVLA who say there is a glitch on their computer system where for some cars it treats the test as if it was the first test on that car, but there's nothing they can do about it.

Generously, he has offered to re-test the car for free on the original renewal date so I can get my month back, but clearly this is hassle both for him and for me, particularly as I and the car will be in France on the exact date.

I'm just posting this as a warning for other members of the forum and also to ask if others have had a similar experience.

(I wasn't sure whether to post this in this section or under "servicing", so please move it if it's not in the right place.)

Last edited:
My e class was 3 years old on 2/9 and I had MOT done at same some as the service on 24/8 MOT certificate shows valid until 1/9/17

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom