MOT day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisk2010

MB Enthusiast
Car
C230 w203
It’s that time of year again feels like yesterday I was sitting in Waterhouse choosing which strength coffee to treat myself too.

I gave the car a good clean the weekend and checked the levels so hopefully everything will be fine.

Wish me luck!

Well best of luck,always a slight worry when MOT time arrives,still I am sure you have no need to worry :eek:

Cheers guys why do we worry every year lol?

I feel like I’m waiting for blood test results. :)

If they have taken blood already then you must be having it MOT'd at a MB dealership

lol nope weather has been carp of late so been runing alot, Bike is coming out very soon "i hope" lol,

Good luck bud im sure it will fly through!!

Thanks Gav, that's good to hear it was a bit brisk for shorts ;).

Two 12 strength coffees later the good news came with a smile from the receptionist that the car passed with no advisories so not a bad morning at all.

Thanks for the luck guys. :)

IMG_1147.JPG

Pleased you got a pass,strangely my step son has turned up with his old connect van,a 56 reg,he will need a MOT next month,I will get my local man to service it and do the MOT,but I looked at his MOT history online,ok so it has had 9 MOT's and that old van has passed every one with only one advisory about a dust cover two years ago,I know £30,000 mercs that would love to have that MOT history.

Just discovered that my SLK 55 AMG , collected last week had not had it's promised MOT day , or the service, despite asking them on collection had it been done. ( see my SLK thread for details )

I gave the car a good clean the weekend and checked the levels so hopefully everything will be fine.

None of that has any real bearing on passing the MOT but we all do it to present our cars at their best, then if it passes the car feels good as new. Mine passed with no advisories last week and I felt elated to a quite ridiculous extent. It made me think I stress far too much about the car MOT. The Bike MOT I have never worried about at all and now it's 40 years old it's exempt.

None of that has any real bearing on passing the MOT but we all do it to present our cars at their best, then if it passes the car feels good as new. Mine passed with no advisories last week and I felt elated to a quite ridiculous extent. It made me think I stress far too much about the car MOT. The Bike MOT I have never worried about at all and now it's 40 years old it's exempt.

It’s nice to take a clean car into the garage it makes me feel better I cars tend to be treated a bit better (I think) when someone can see it’s cared for and polished. I also like to do it as a courtesy to the poor soul that has to work on them, it’s much working on a car that’s clean. I repair factory machines all the time and I hate it when production bring me something completely covered in muck.

I did check the other stuff like tyres, bulbs etc. ..... I had a good look under the car and checked joints etc. in the summer so I was confident with that side of things.

All the brakes have been changed and even the lazy front calliper seems to have cured itself after checking it the weekend so I was lucky there and I know they work well thanks to the Audi Wednesday that braked across the roundabout.

Like you say though none of this takes away the feeling of impending doom that may be accompanied by a big bill.

Passed, nice one!! :D

Cheers fella!

Pleased you got a pass,strangely my step son has turned up with his old connect van,a 56 reg,he will need a MOT next month,I will get my local man to service it and do the MOT,but I looked at his MOT history online,ok so it has had 9 MOT's and that old van has passed every one with only one advisory about a dust cover two years ago,I know £30,000 mercs that would love to have that MOT history.

Good luck to him in advance though it sounds well looked after. :)

Mine had a few in previous ownership but they are cracked rubber on the tyres i imagine from doing 4000 a year and sitting around the rest of the time.

The only one i did check out before i brought was that the headlights where over adjusted so i suspected maybe some front end damaged in the begining but i checked it over and over before handing any cash and all was well. I imagine it was done by the same genius that put in three mismatched spark plugs, not necessarily the owner could have been done in a service by someone to lazy to change the other three.

It certainly was :D

Just discovered that my SLK 55 AMG , collected last week had not had it's promised MOT day , or the service, despite asking them on collection had it been done. ( see my SLK thread for details )
Take it straight back and demand a full refund, then sit back and watch the fastest MOT & Service you have ever seen take place!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I used to stress over Mots with older cars but most up to 5 years old seem to go through provided they are properly serviced when you get advisories...

I have even been confident enough to use the Halfords (we will try our best to fail it) free MOT and came out smiling ;-).

Take it straight back and demand a full refund, then sit back and watch the fastest MOT & Service you have ever seen take place!

You are joking ! It is a fabulous car, like new .
They did offer to come and collect it and return it (350 miles ) to do the work. I declined said I wanted it done at my local MB dealer , they have now agreed to this.

You are joking ! It is a fabulous car, like new .
They did offer to come and collect it and return it (350 miles ) to do the work. I declined said I wanted it done at my local MB dealer , they have now agreed to this.
Glad you got it sorted and impressed they agreed to pay for a competitor to do the work. Much better as you will get independent advice when the work is carried out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom