Mot Emissions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Grahamcol

Car
2007 CLK 220 and 2001 SLK230
My 1996 C200 Auto (5 speed) passed its MOT on Saturday but I notice from the emissions print out that the CO reading is only just within limits as follows:-

FAST IDLE
CO Max 0.20% Reading 0.18%

NATURAL IDLE
CO Max 0.30% Reading 0.29%

All other readings are comfortably in the middle of the respective ranges but I am concerned that next year the CO may be too high to pass.

Does anyone here know what the likely outcome will be next year ? Is my cat on the way out ? Would it help to take the car on a long run (it does mostly short runs) using Optimax petrol or similar ?

Last edited:
Hi,
Yes as you said if your only doing short trips the cat does not get a cleaning (so to speak) a good thrashing should remove most of the carbon build up, i use a fuel additive called Forte 1-2 times a year also. If you stick in the additive take for a good long hard run you should find your emissions lower.

Raj

Hi,
Yes as you said if your only doing short trips the cat does not get a cleaning (so to speak) a good thrashing should remove most of the carbon build up, i use a fuel additive called Forte 1-2 times a year also. If you stick in the additive take for a good long hard run you should find your emissions lower.

Raj

i do the same and use the forte products. highly recommended.

Yes as the other post,,when it is due again,, lock the car into 3rd and a hard drive should work wonders

how soon after starting did you take it for the test?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom