MoT Garage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l5foye

Car
ML 300CDI
Can anyone recommend a garage which carries out MoT's in or around Cairnryan ? TIA

Can anyone recommend a garage which carries out MoT's in or around Cairnryan ? TIA
I replied to your other thread. She is allowed to drive the car until the MOT in Oct...so long as she can show it is booked. This is a special dispensation in NI due to the backlog. I have booked for the 21st Oct and I could not have got earlier even though it is due 28th June.
Even though you did not get the reminder, those people getting reminders today for due dates in July are only able to get dates in November.
When I MOT'd my car in Feb it was the first since Nov 2019!. But, all legal.

I replied to your other thread. She is allowed to drive the car until the MOT in Oct...so long as she can show it is booked. This is a special dispensation in NI due to the backlog. I have booked for the 21st Oct and I could not have got earlier even though it is due 28th June.
Even though you did not get the reminder, those people getting reminders today for due dates in July are only able to get dates in November.
When I MOT'd my car in Feb it was the first since Nov 2019!. But, all legal.
The trouble is the tax (RFL) expires at the end of this month. In fact it was only when I went to tax it, did I discover the MoT had expired at the end of April ! I don't think she can drive the car without tax.

The trouble is the tax (RFL) expires at the end of this month. In fact it was only when I went to tax it, did I discover the MoT had expired at the end of April ! I don't think she can drive the car without tax.
Yep, you have a problem. With no valid MOT the day the tax expires you cannot tax the car.

Yep, you have a problem. With no valid MOT the day the tax expires you cannot tax the car.
But, it also says if you get within 5 days of the expiry of the tax you can apply for an urgent MOT appointment. Then start paying your tax monthly so it is automatically renewed each year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom