MOT history

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
use the vehicle smart app on android.

use the vehicle smart app on android.

Use the link below, it be what you want.

https://cazana.com/uk

Thanks for the replies but, unless I'm missing something, I don't think either of them gives any more info than the gov.uk one which, as I say, used to give the location of the MOT test station (which was occasionally useful in giving an idea of where a car has lived during its life), but doesn't any more.

ive only ever seen the mot station number , never a location . maybe the service book can point you to where the cars lived .

OP, I have noticed that too. It's been like that for several months and no one seems to be able to provide a definitive answer. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

ive only ever seen the mot station number , never a location . maybe the service book can point you to where the cars lived .

Yes of course the service book can tell you the location (and a lot more!) but my point is that there is a field on the website called Location and, until a few months ago, it did indeed show the location of the MOT station. However, it now shows 'unavailable until further notice', and has done for quite a while.

The facility was there for a short time before it was pulled. I assume they removed it as it was deemed to be breaching the privacy of vehicle owners (as well as as already mentioned causing annoyance to MOT stations with people phoning them up and trying to find out owners' names or addresses)

You've started me on something here - I tried checking the MoT status of my much loved (sadly departed) 968 coupe, L456GKE - not showing on the MoT site or Askmid insurance database! Last I knew of the car was 5 years ago when the chap that bought it from me traded it in to a dealer in Buckingham, and I happened to visit and see the car. Had no news of her since then, even on PCGB and porsche968uk forums, and dealer did not reply to my email enquiry some time ago. Wonder what happened to her!

Would imagine it is to prevent people trying to contact the owners of personalised plates etc. Since M.O.T. only implies the vehicle is roadworthy on the date tested not sure why the testing station should be revealed anyway. Having said that , I always use a particular garage to test my SL as they "understand" old cars , and advise any items which I "may need to look at". It is theoretically MOT exempt this year but nobody seems to know how to get the exemption document. Personally , if I keep it I will probably still send it in once a year, although I will probably sell it at the end of this summer, due to arrival of a Boxster.

You've started me on something here - I tried checking the MoT status of my much loved (sadly departed) 968 coupe, L456GKE - not showing on the MoT site or Askmid insurance database! Last I knew of the car was 5 years ago when the chap that bought it from me traded it in to a dealer in Buckingham, and I happened to visit and see the car. Had no news of her since then, even on PCGB and porsche968uk forums, and dealer did not reply to my email enquiry some time ago. Wonder what happened to her!

Private plate :)

It may be another example of the new data protection regs. Until the MOT stations give their permission they won't be able to display the information

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom