MOT praise for '91 w124.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Apial

Car
300ce-24 sportline
I took my 300CE-24 for its MOT test yesterday and did the usual, ie show the tester how the seat back locks work etc. The emissions test went a wheeze with the tester saying that the car would pass the latest emissions test for a modern car they were so good.

Then we got to the brake test. I must say I was a little worried as the car had only done 700 miles in the last 12 months, but it has been kept garaged.
The result was 85% efficiency on the brakes (pass mark 50%) and 32% on the parking brake (pass mark 15%). The brake balance was perfect. I was very pleased with the result.

No rust, no leaks, no advisories. The car is a credit to the legendry build quality of Mercredes Benz.

Peter

Same here, my 300e 24-V saloon has passed the last two year`s running without missing a beat and that`s with 188,000 on the clock, just keeps purring along. Really fancy a 500 sec tho` if Ken doesn`t get the £25 congestion charge through.

I would be suprised if it was any other way!first exhaust

My S124 300TE 24V had 356,000 on the clock, first engine, first gearbox, first anything, first exhaust (except brakes etc.) and it always passed the MOT (NCT, TüV).

I sold her three month ago and the new owner has always a smile on his face when I meet him!

I will say it again :D 124's built to a standard, anything else built to a price. ;)

I will say it again :D 124's built to a standard, anything else built to a price. ;)

How true!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom