MOT Time - and an Interior destroyed story

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sportyreptile

Car
96 W210 E36 AMG
While my car was in for an MOT there was a C Class in having the interior stripped out. The owner of the car had taken it to be valetted at some back street place and the morons there had used a power washer on the interior :eek:

When the owner came to collect the valetter told him they could drive the car or get it into gear and incredibly "that it's a common problem on these cars mate!", Unbelieveable! It would be common problem on any car if it was blasted with a pressure washer.

I don't know what the extent of the damage is but the gear selector was being changed and all the carpets removed. The owner must be gutted - -turns out to be an expensive valet.

Ouch! thats really bad... the only person I trust to clean the inside of my car is me :D

Moral of the story dont be lazy and just wash/valet your car (s) yourselves... :D

Or just don't wash it at all. I think the C250 last got cleaned at Christmas :D

sounds like some bodgers...

In london the local turkish crew do mine, they have a gr8 machine that does the insides, sort of like a huge wet n dry.. I have them do the seats in my 123 once a yr and they come out like new....

sportyreptile said:
While my car was in for an MOT there was a C Class in having the interior stripped out. The owner of the car had taken it to be valetted at some back street place and the morons there had used a power washer on the interior :eek:

When the owner came to collect the valetter told him they could drive the car or get it into gear and incredibly "that it's a common problem on these cars mate!", Unbelieveable! It would be common problem on any car if it was blasted with a pressure washer.

I don't know what the extent of the damage is but the gear selector was being changed and all the carpets removed. The owner must be gutted - -turns out to be an expensive valet.

Can someone give me the address .... my insurance company loves people such as these.

Guy who lives nearby had a black Audi A6 estate. Always very clean because there was a guy who once a week came to valet cars in their car park beneath the office. Did an excellent job.

One day A6 man & others get a call to say valeter had arrived a day early. Per usual, drops keys with security guard. Goes to get his keys and pay up only to find two half wits and his car looking like it had been attacked by grit encrusted pads attached to a rotary polisher, which was roughly what had happened. Inside, everything (leather seats included) had been sprayed with horrible super shine silicon. Tyres were coated with black sticky goo. Carpets were soaked. Others also suffered, in particular a BMW which had puddles in the footwell.

After much shouting turns out "valeters" were mates of security guard trying to blag the work.

Satch said:
Guy who lives nearby had a black Audi A6 estate. Always very clean because there was a guy who once a week came to valet cars in their car park beneath the office. Did an excellent job.

One day A6 man & others get a call to say valeter had arrived a day early. Per usual, drops keys with security guard. Goes to get his keys and pay up only to find two half wits and his car looking like it had been attacked by grit encrusted pads attached to a rotary polisher, which was roughly what had happened. Inside, everything (leather seats included) had been sprayed with horrible super shine silicon. Tyres were coated with black sticky goo. Carpets were soaked. Others also suffered, in particular a BMW which had puddles in the footwell.

After much shouting turns out "valeters" were mates of security guard trying to blag the work.

I presume they claimed off the valeters public liability insurance..:rolleyes: :(

Dieselman said:
I presume they claimed off the valeters public liability insurance..:rolleyes: :(

One would hope so otherwise they are personally liable.

Think I'd prefer to pay them £15 just to watch them wash other cars, and not touch mine ...something tells me that their skills lie elsewhere, rather than washing cars!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom