MOT - unusual advisory

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The risk with this approach, which smacks of enforcing my rights at any expense instead of being a bit more understanding about what has happened, is that it leads to a 'Jobsworth' and work to rule culture, as the MOT tester would potentially be reprimanded for actually helping someone out in a possible grey area.
Ixnay with the sweeping generalisations... The MoT tester has to 'work to rule'; it's the MoT tester's manual.

This thread has become an argument about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin...

So where exactly on the windscreen was the satnav holder fixed? Dangling from the centre, or discreetly tucked away in the lower right corner?;

So where exactly on the windscreen was the satnav holder fixed? Dangling from the centre, or discreetly tucked away in the lower right corner?;

I had an MB Club sticker in the bottom right-hand corner of my windscreen, and this did get removed by an MOT tester. Yet we've had a German emissions disc (same size) in the same position on our Vito for 13+ years with no issue. IIRC there used to be a rule that you could have something 'necessary' on the screen (e.g. a tax disc, when we had those), although this makes no sense from a safety POV. Something is either blocking your view or it isn't.

Isn't it something to do with the swept area of the wipers? Same as with windscreen defects?

This thread has become an argument about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin...

It’s raining here all day,, we have to argue about something.
Anyway angels can’t dance, you mean pixies.

...I got a suction pad one. I fitted it by the right hand A pillar....

Where, vertically? At the bottom near the dash, or higher up?

Live and learn. Like I said. I only resorted to the suction mount holder. Tucked away just above the vent because the original one I was using would move left and right because the vent couldn’t hold it in one place. Such are the C Class vents. Anyway. Let’s consider this thread closed. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom