Motogp 2014 - watch for free?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joecash

Car
S320 CDI
Hi all,
SWMBO is a Motogp fanatic and I am looking to have to pay a subscription for 2014 unless I come up with a solution.
Perhaps the satellite experts on here can advise me.
I believe that the tv channel Sport 1 (Germany) has a license to show Motogp in 2014.
A complete satellite system from Labgear is currently available for a mere £29.99 from screwfix that will receive "Astra 1" satellite signals
Grateful for input from those with more knowledge than I.
Or indeed any suggestions
Thanks in advance
Joe

I'm also not amused BBC have relinquished MotoGP cover to BT Sport.:wallbash:

I'll be searching for a live stream before the first race next season.

I'm also not amused BBC have relinquished MotoGP cover to BT Sport.:wallbash:

I'll be searching for a live stream before the first race next season.
Ditto:

Rather pleased about the football leaving ITV, and hope BTSport also get Premier league, (gets footie off terrestrial TV!!) but I agree, MotoGP is a step too far.

They can keep it. Marquez and the Honda's will probably run a procession anyway. What a shame - Motogp is my favourite tv.

Seems like there are a lot of us a bit miffed at MotoGP going to pay TV. I refuse to pay to watch any sport, so BT and Sky can forget about making money from me. Same as F1, now only a curtailed service so Bernie can amass even more money!

Whatever you do don't visit wiziwig.tv and click on Live Sports. You may be tempted to deprive Rupert of his deserved income.

I felt the same as the OP when F1 went to Sky.

My solution was to buy a Humax FoxSat HDR with a Technisat Multytenne TWIN. Together, they receive 13, 19.2, 23.5, and 28.2 orbital positions.

The dish is only 45cm wide, so is only good for locations as far north as Birmingham. On my recommendation, my brother-in-law also purchased the same set-up. We live two miles apart in south Birmingham, and both of us receive very good signal.

This gives me F1 via RTL, plus practice sessions via Sport1 (via 19.2).

You can still get a 'graded' Foxsat HDR from Humax Direct. The Multytenne TWIN is expensive if bought within the UK. However, I utilised Google Translate to buy it from Amazon.de at a significantly lower price.

No import taxes are payable for goods purchased between EU member states, so all you will pay for extra is shipping (which was very reasonable).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom