MotoGp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
The best motor racing is once again with us this week-end at Qatar.

MotoGp

Will the World Champion retain his number '1' plate or will he very quickly be deposed?

Is the World Champion the best Honda rider and will he be given the latest Honda have to offer?

Free Practice times for this week-end's Gp

1. Rossi 1:56.464
2. Edwards 1.56.665
5. Checa 1:56.981 (fastest Honda)
6. Pedrosa 1:56.990
15. Hayden 1:57.922

Boy am I looking forward to this year's racing.

Qualifying is coming up shortly ;) :cool:

Regards,
John the Rossi fan

Rossi for the crown !!!

Is this his last season on two wheels really????

And make Pedrosa drink a couple of pints of water to double his weight on the bike...

Nice to see the smaller engines have slowed the bikes down. Current pole record of Qatar WAS 1:55.683

Pole position this year goes to:

1. ROSSI 1:55.002 :D :)
2. Stoner on the Ducati 1:55.007
3. Edwards 1:55.233

9. Hayden 1:56.041

I wonder how many Gp's this year's current World Champion will win? Rossi has a way of destroying the opposition as poor old Sete Gibernau found out:devil: :devil:

Rossi is the ultimate Gp rider, but I would love to see Edwards give him a run for his money :D

Regards,
John

I think Rossi will be a clear winner in '07. Having said that, i'd like to see Hayden do well because a lot of people discreditted his title last year - He deserved to win the world championship in '06 IMO.
The Capirossi / Stoner battles will be interesting - Loris hates losing and Stoner has BAGS of natural talent.
Edwards could be a dark horse ( he seems particularly bouyant about the bike / team / personnel etc etc which is always a good sign ).
Either way, I cant wait - MotoGP is the ultimate

Hi Sye,
You win a World Championship by acruing the most points in a season, Hayden done just that in 2006, but is a a Gp World beating champion. Is he even as good as Biaggi, or Gibernau?

It would certainly silence a good few critics if Hayden was to actually race against Rossi and beat him, plus of course win a few European Gp's.

Lots of pundits reckoned Rossi could only win championship on the best bike, boy did he prove them wrong. Repsol Handa are considered the leading Honda, so we should be seeing them lead the Honda pack, with their lead rider at the fore?

John

Rossi for the crown !!!

Is this his last season on two wheels really????

And make Pedrosa drink a couple of pints of water to double his weight on the bike...

Signed for 2008 as well.

What an excellent race,
My heart keeps willing Edwards to do better, my brain trys to convince me that he is not getting the same end product as Rossi and therefore cannot keep up?

Stoner certainly done well, but will it be a one off, or is this a sign of things to come?

I was amazed to see the bikes regularly leaning over at angles in excess of 70 degrees. Mad!

John

Hi John
Regarding your comments about Hayden, yes, I agree to an extent. Dont get me wrong - I believe Rossi is something of a phenomenon and I am a real fan of his, but last year Hayden was very consistent and that's why he was world champion.I just wish the media ( and certain individuals you hear talking ) gave him credit for that. In addition, Valentino did make an error in the final round of '06 and ultimately that cost him.
Todays race was interesting in so much as Stoner proved what a talent he is : New team, bike, tyres etc etc and has still only done one full year in MotoGP. Just 21 years old too !!
I really think Rossi could walk it ( relatively ) this year. Pedrosa, Stoner , Hayden, Capirossi etc etc will all have good rounds, but from a championship point of view, I think its Vale all the way.

I just wish the media ( and certain individuals you hear talking ) gave him credit for that.
Hi Sye,
I understand where your coming from and I totally understand your comments about Hayden, his ability to acrue sufficiant points to win the championship unarguably made him the World Champion. However I personally think it might well be his downfall? Is he capable of retaining the crown, or even putting up a respectable defence of it? In football a manager loves to blame a refereee for making a decision on the very last game of thge season that gets his team relegated. I disagree with that idea, just like Rossi's performance on that last race of the season. IF...... If Rossi's motorbike had been it's usual reliable self then the championship would have been a formality, but if pigs had wings they would fly. Hayden is World Champion and it is possible the only race that he will be competitive in, will be his usual American Gp :eek:

I am a dyed in the wool Rossi fan, and feel sure that if he wanted to, he could walk on water, I have never seen a Gp rider that compares. His acheivement is mind blowing and I would love to see him win this years championship, but if not, then hopefully we will see someone that can win Gps take over the reigns?

Take care,
John

Times will actually be faster this year despite the smaller engines.

They now have 'useable' power and better geometry due to the 16" front wheels.

Honda were way ahead of their time with their old blades.

What an excellent race,
My heart keeps willing Edwards to do better, my brain trys to convince me that he is not getting the same end product as Rossi and therefore cannot keep up?

John

My understanding is that Edwards is there as a solid points getter (important for the constructors cup) and highly experienced development mule, rather than an out and out championship winner.

However, it is very pleasing to see him doing well, was gutted when he fell off at the last corner of Assen last year.

Good racing.....The Ducati's seem to have an extra 15mph over the others at this stage.......If they can be reliable they may be serious competition to the japs this year......

Last edited:
Good racing.....The Ducati's seem to have an extra 15mph over the others at this stage.......If they can be reliable they may be seious competition to the japs this year......
A frightening difference in top end speed, but on different circuits will that be enough? The Ducati could easily cruise by any of the competition half way down the main straight, but not all circuits have the finish line in that type of location.

I thought Edwards was an excellent development rider plus a team player, the race at Assen was one of Edwards best Gps. His superbike skills are engrained in my memory forever, his riding ability is unquestionable and hopefully he will one day be a winner. :D

I saw a documtary last year where Yamaha publically stated they could not afford to supply Edwards with the same support\machinery as their number one rider. Edwards accepts this and simply gets on with the job, I was just hoping that this season he would have similar equipment to Rossi.

John

For those of us with Sky TV, don't forget it's MotoGp ;) ;) Kinda rhymes. (channel 410)

I know the big formula will be on BBC2 but the 125's are about to start.

I tend to listen to the Eurosport commentary of the Gp formula, and watch the BBc picture (no adverts) plus after the race finish; BBC2 tend to interview more of the riders (plus they have a female that is far more presentable than that laughing Hyena VBH (Carrotchomper aint here so I'm not upsetting him...... yet)

Regards
John

Colin Edwards on Pole

I'm a huge, huge fan of Rossi, but Edwards on World Superbikes was aswesome. Finally, finally after 70 Gp starts Edwards has got his first pole position.

Fingers crossed he does well tomorrow, but for today, number 5 is top of the charts.

John

hi John - my reply in summary

I like VBH...and SP. I watch on Eurosport but like your hybrid watch / listen. Sadly I watch on motogp.com timing charts too.

Well done Bradley for 3rd in France and well done Stoner - I'm a Rossi fan but Stoner has limited the damage this weekend and should do well in Motegi.

I'd love to cheer Colin Edwards on but since his win at Donington few years back he has not been too impressive. I think the current Yamaha is flattering in qualifying.

I think the current Yamaha is flattering in qualifying.
:p :D :D What a race!

I wonder what schumacher was thinking when that huge crowd went hysterical celebrating Rossi's latest win. None of the cynical rigging of results, the best rider gets the points. This remark is not aimed at Yamaha who quite clearly are putting all their eggs in one basket. No my remarks are referring to Ducati where Barros took third place when he overtook the Works bike ridden by the Championship leader.

Rossi doesn't need to insist that he wins a race and the number two rider has to pull over. Instead I believe he simply gets a better more competitive bike (but he is still the World's best Gp rider) All the Yamaha's including Rossi's were at least 12kph slower than the fastest bikes and the top speeds of the Yamaha's were all very similar.

That crowd was unbelievable and Rossi once again proved he was THE MAN but that Yamaha needs to be quicker on the faster circuits.

Respect

John

VERY good race to watch, the man's a genius....

Like you've said, its also good to see racing in MotoGP is still down to the tallents of a man and his machine, not where his team says he needs to drop back to! :crazy:

Dont forget it's on next week at 12:30pm, its so irregular i often miss it!

Like you've said, its also good to see racing in MotoGP is still down to the tallents of a man and his machine, not where his team says he needs to drop back to!
:devil: I just hope the engine in Alex Barros's bike suck's squeezes and bangs in the right order at next week's Gp ;)

Me thinks Hayden should hang his head in shame and retire, there are some really hungry riders out there that would love to sit astride the number one Honda. :mad:

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom