Motor Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
Hi Guys,

I have to renew my car insurance within the next 20 days, so has anyone any recommendations?

It needs to be someone that is young driver friendly, but I have 5yrs NCD, no accident or convictions. I am after fully comp cover with protected no claims. My area is good and car is garaged.

Direct Line, although I don't think I would use them anyhow (bad experience) are way off the mark this year @£1500. Tesco's who are cheapest for everyone else I know are also about that mark.

Best quote I have had is from Elephant.co.uk @ £728.00

Has anyone any experience of them?

I want a balance of good cover with a resonable price. Me thinks £500 is about right ;)

Thanks - Forgot about Privilege!

If I forget they are part of Direct Line their quote is not bad.

£300 Excess, £766.50 or £782.25 with a guaranteed hire car - the option I would take.

Any others?

You could try Chris Knott insurance brokers. They deal with MBOA members if you are one. Not a problem if you are not however. They got me a deal with Wren and that included the mods I have on my car.

CLK430 @ £770 per annum.

Full no claims.

No harm in asking them to do a search for you.

Cheers.

http://www.ckinsurance.co.uk/schemes.htm

I'm with AXA http://www.axamotor.co.uk/

I'm 25 , Live in Liverpool(Crime Zone:eek: ) LOL :p , 5 Years NCB, Car parked on the Drive

I pay £750 Fully Comp for my 99 C200 Sport, which I consider to be very reasonible

Your Area & Garage will make a massive differencr with yours

Let us know how you get on
;)

Thanks Aletank, but...................

"Sorry!

We are unable to provide you with a quote due to the combination of a young driver and a high car group "

Fudger - I will call Chris Knott's in the morning.

Last edited:
Also with privilege, £565 per annum for my C240, full no claims, garaged. When I wrote off my old A3 I was impressed with their service!

Norwich Union £4800 / year (23, CL500) fully comp.

Tesco, £750 / year (23, CL500) fully comp in fathers company name.

Guess which one I choose :)

I was with Elephant and Admiral (who own Elephant) undercut them by about 80 quid for my Renault!

2000, C200 Sport Tiptronic

You could try
quoteline direct, they *halved* my wife's insurance.

Its a bloody long online form but worth it. The quote was very low and when I rang to book the insurance, they did a manual check and it came back lower still.

Originally posted by Sp!ke
You could try
quoteline direct, they *halved* my wife's insurance.

Its a bloody long online form but worth it. The quote was very low and when I rang to book the insurance, they did a manual check and it came back lower still.

Nice try: £1037

Any others (these are all good, I have tried oads but not these so far! )

Graham,

I'm with Liverpool Victoria, they were keenly priced for me. I also had good service from them when I got hit back in Oct. last year. I have £150 excess and my premium for this year was £570 and that includes no discount protection too.

Cheapest quote was from Esure I think, but since I got good treatment from LV last year when the car was smacked I decided to stay with them.

Hope this helps.

S.

Originally posted by Steve_Perry
Graham,

I'm with Liverpool Victoria, they were keenly priced for me. I also had good service from them when I got hit back in Oct. last year. I have £150 excess and my premium for this year was £570 and that includes no discount protection too.

Cheapest quote was from Esure I think, but since I got good treatment from LV last year when the car was smacked I decided to stay with them.

Hope this helps.

S.

Esure don't cater for under 25's at all.

Did you try LV ? How were they for you? Still expensive?

S.

Online qoute estimates £783.57. Getting closer!

Did you get a no quibble hire car etc?

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
Online qoute estimates £783.57. Getting closer!

Did you get a no quibble hire car etc?

having actually called Liverpool Victoria, thay won't actually quote on me at all! Too young for a nice car the woman said laughing!

D'Oh!! :mad: Sorry to hear that Graham.
I did get a no quibble courtessy car to answer your earlier question but I guess it's a bit academic now.

Good luck with the search.

S.

I was with Admiral and they wanted £600 to renew. Elephant wanted only £400, yet they are the same company :crazy: .

I also found Elephant cheapest with the wifes Fiesta and her driving record is as good as China's human right's record :p .

Was with Privelege last year @ £524, just renwed with Churchills for £384. (I had a no fault claim which is now over 3 years old)

HTH

R

Isnt it really funny that there isnt a particular broker/insurance company that one could consider cheap.

It seems each one has their own criteria to determine what is a *good* risk or not.

Even when you have two people with very similar statistics, similar age, similar car, similar driving record the two quotes could be drastically different due to some minor difference such as the colour of the car or something.

You would think that all risk assessors would follow similar trends....afterall, they would all probably be interpreting the same statistics wouldnt they?

Perhaps is just down to what they think they can get away with.:devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom