Motorhome in Abergavenny

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
In connection with my post earlier, can anybody help me out please but this time in Abergavenny? Have heard of a Hymer S550 which is MB based!

Understand it has the OM601 engine which I believe is as bulletproof as these things ever are. Is the good reputation well deserved? What are the things to watch for?

It is in Abergavenny which is 170 miles away from me, so a fair way to go if in fact it is a total shed! Asking is for someone to take a look and tell me "yes, could be worth a drive" or "STAY AWAY"!! and if the seller seems reasonable. From our exchanges so far he seems sound (says selling due to worsening heath), but of course you never know!

Having said that, if someone was knowledgeable enough to look deeper and give an opinion (which is just that - an opinion) that would be great also and a huge help!!!!

As is custom, beer tokens or charity donations available :D

Last edited:
The OM 601 is the four cyl engine fitted to the W201 among others so don't expect a flying machine. Positively pedestrian in fact. Good for astronomical miles though if looked after. Might be the turbo version if it was fitted in Germany. That would make a world of difference.

Last edited:
The OM 601 is the four cyl engine fitted to the W201 among others so don't expect a flying machine. Positively pedestrian in fact. Good for astronomical miles though if looked after. Might be the turbo version if it was fitted in Germany. That would make a world of difference.

TBH, that is a benefit. When I get in a MH I do not want to hurry. And relax.....

Don't have a huge amount of detail yet. Hoping that some kind soul can take a look for/with me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom