Motoring hates, the complete catalogue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes and the emissions can be pretty horrible as well. ;)

Cyclists and families on country roads.

a) they tend to think they own the road

b) Children wobbling about (mega dangerous)

c) On a hill the wobble side to side as they attempt to ride up it.

d) side by side on narrow lanes

need I go on?

Hat-wearing sunday drivers on their way to mass.

-simon

DieselE said:
Yes and the emissions can be pretty horrible as well. ;)

But of course you can be prosecuted for dropping anything on the road from your car!

Cyclists who want to be treated 'equally' but ignore red lights and 1-way streets.

glojo said:
I definitely see a pattern of some sort??

Do you shude.... Take MangoMan to be your lawful, registered co-driver, and promise to love, cherish and obey every traffic sign or road marking, for better or worse, in traffic jam, or delay?

Do you pair drive on the same roads, at the same time of day?

John the old grump

LOL........ :) :) :) :)

I'm sorry, I'm just one of those annoying people that always lets people out of a side road or let them enter a queue. It costs nothing. And I don't know, I just get a nice feeling of being appreciated.
:bannana:

Last edited:
Rubber neckers

Your driving down the motorway or dual carriageway and the traffic grinds to a halt. you find out some time later the accident is on the OTHER side of the carriageway. :crazy:

What to people expect to see, rivers of blood in all the carnage?

It's just some bent metal usually, get over it.

Rant Over.

Motorcyclists that pull out into the flow of oncoming traffic to go round a queue and then expect YOU to give way to them .....

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

LANE DISCIPLINE

There are many, many different varieties of this bugbear, but my old chestnut is - It's called a roundabout because you're supposed to go ROUND it. If you were meant to go straight across it, it would be called A STRAIGHT BIT OF ROAD

PJ

Rover 25/200 and 45/400 drivers.
Why is it ALWAYS one of them at the front of a queue of slow moving traffic?

People who shout and toot their horns when you are driving down a bus lane on the way to work,at 05.30 in the morning. When the bus lane doesn't start untill 07.00 in the morning. Wake up and learn to read the time!!

Ha Ha ...

I was followed through Kingston by a black skoda at 5.00am this morning , it was hanging far enough back that i could see two people in it but thats all ,couldn't make out male / female/ what clothes etc .....

Drove like a vicar until he pulled up alongside me at a set of lights.... old couple out for an early morning drive ...... bah .......

nigel cross said:
People who shout and toot their horns when you are driving down a bus lane on the way to work,at 05.30 in the morning. When the bus lane doesn't start untill 07.00 in the morning. Wake up and learn to read the time!!

Theres one approaching Hampton Court from Sunbury that only operates 7am to 10 am ..... yet no one notices and everyone loves to shout and wave when i drive down it at 10.05 .... :rolleyes:

I'm really looking for specific driving grumps, some good ones so far!

How about an observation-related one?

People who drive right up to the end of a sliproad to join a motorway without bothering to look at what's in the 1st lane until the last minute.

This is usually a girl in a hatchback! I followed one a couple of days ago, at a good distance because she wasn't going very quickly. She allowed herself to get right up to the end of the sliproad and then realised she was driving alongside a truck. She then slammed the brakes on and had to beg her way onto the motorway, half on the hard shoulder! Perhaps a casual glance in the mirror or over the shoulder would have avoided this?

Howard said:
I was followed through Kingston by a black skoda at 5.00am this morning

I once got stopped by a police car on Kingston bridge, driving home to Hampton Court in the early hours.

"Good morning sir. I have stopped you because I have reason to believe you are following a suspicious route."

WTF?!

True, just as there is one coming into Wandsworth from Clapham that starts again at 16.00, but people prefer to queue in the other lane than use it at 15.30

BTB 500 said:
I once got stopped by a police car on Kingston bridge, driving home to Hampton Court in the early hours.

"Good morning sir. I have stopped you because I have reason to believe you are following a suspicious route."

WTF?!

Red light district perhaps...??? :D

Dont know but every town has one I guess....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom