Motoring hates, the complete catalogue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
SportsCoupeRich said:
people who lean really far forward in their seat when driving. so odd!

Yes, these people will be killed in the slightest of accident as the airbag will slam their heads back into the headrest. Darwin at work . .

Last edited:
Flash said:
Solution: Just tap the brakes slightly and that always works for me and they all seem to back off...;)

Tip: If someone really danagerously tail gates you and you want to get your own back then when you come to a stand still in traffic and they are parked behind you just put your vehicle into reverse gear - I once did this in the Sprinter and the guy almost $hit himself...:devil:

Always works mate...Always...!

I agree with all of the above...

My motoring hate, coppers who stop people for no proper reason, I.E. This morning I was in Kensington, got pulled over by a police car, reason? No left brakelight. It probably fused today cos it was fine this morning. Whilst I'm pulled up, I see tons of cars with the same thing, 1 brake light or none at all, I even saw a Police transit drive past with only 1 brakelight working...!!! :confused:

Cyclists

Cyclists that will not use the cycle lane that was built for them at massive cost on the Great West road /A4

My pet hate is letting someone in by flashing my lights and they don't acknowledge. Even worse is when I realise when they've pulled out to join the traffic they are on their mobile. Then when I beep the horn they look at you as if you've dropped out of a dog's bottom.

BearFace said:
Bikers who tailgate cars and sit tightly on your o/s rear corner with their lights blazing into your mirrors. Why don't they either overtake or back off a bit..? (And this is coming from a biker... :()

Came across one of these idiots yesterday. Traffic in front braked suddenly and I had to brake gently until said gent moved away from my rear and then brake more sharply than would have otherwise been necessary. No real problem with SBC but if I'd just anchored on I'd have had a motorbike spread across the boot/ offside rear wing.

From today, morons who use the 'turn off' filter lane on the M25 when traffic is heavy .. then swerve back onto the motorway at the last minute (having held you up for a mile).

Drivers or passengers that flick fag ends out of their windows or sunroofs, years ago (when I had an MGB), I had a lighted fag end land in my cab and burn a small whole in my passenger seat, Also had to dodge these more than once when riding motorbikes!

People who drive, usually on motorways, with their rear fog lights on when its only raining. There is a reason why they are called fog lights and not high intensity rear lights. maybe they think they are driving a formulae 1 car on a track:crazy:

Geoff2 said:
People who drive, usually on motorways, with their rear fog lights on when its only raining. There is a reason why they are called fog lights and not high intensity rear lights. maybe they think they are driving a formulae 1 car on a track:crazy:
Or perhaps they have bad vision and believe the conditions to be permanently foggy;)

Drivers who believe that it is their duty to point out other drivers 'mistakes', furiously making hand gestures and breathing fire whilst continuing to drive without looking where they are going themselves.

Mac.

I fear for some of our offspring. Blackpool in summer is a nightmare, even more of late as there are lots of roadworks. How many times do you see a pushchair dangling over the curb with a mother on the other end bending over it, straining to see if the road is clear to cross. At one stage in life I was convinced that to cross a busy road all you needed was a young child in a pushchair and you launched it into the road.

Ooooh!
Nerves have been touched!
Now the other half has departed for Moscow, I shall print off this thread and try to summarise and order the points.
I think a sort of 'alternative' highway code is called for!
Give me about a week and I'll post on a new thread.
Les

To add another bad driving case, that drives me mad is the person who cannot judge the size of their vehicle and stop 5-10 feet away from a road junction then slowly edge forward in which time 3 cars could have gone but are still stuck behind said bad driver.

Another!
People who use roundabouts like they are driving a chiccane when going straight on, or cutting you up to go right when they're in the wrong blinkin lane

Adding to the very long list above.
1. drivers that pull out of a side road onto a main road right in front of you and appear to forget which pedal is the accelerator.
2. drivers that lean when going round a corner. (they are in cars and not riding motorcycles.)
3. drivers that refuse to acknowledge either your generosity in letting them out of a junction, giving them right of way in a narrow street with parked cars or a waved apology for making a stupid mistake that nearly damaged your pride and joy.
4. drivers that dawdel along whilst approaching a set of traffic lights which then turn to red and they continue merrily through the red lights as if they did not exist.
5. drivers that jump red lights and not just as they've turned red. I don't care how many air bags you have not many people will survive a 50mph hit direct to the drivers door.
6. drivers that fly up to the end of a side turning and stop with four foot of their car in the main road.
7. and finally anything that comes under the headings of driver stupidity, arrogance or ignorance. A waved apology to defuse a situation is far better than a punch on the nose.

Last edited:
People who do not read the road ahead. Women (god I'll be shot down for this one) ;) seem to be the worst.

For example when approaching a roundabout with good visability and not a car in sight they will stop at the line, then look to see if anything is coming. How many times have I nearly piled into the back of someone doing that :mad:

People who have so many stickers and/or flufffy toys displayed , they can't see out or the rear window:crazy:

Wezzel said:
People who do not read the road ahead. Women (god I'll be shot down for this one) ;) seem to be the worst.

I know what you mean but I see many a bloke just as bad :rolleyes:

People that come off the roundabout in the inside lane then move into the outside lane because they can't be bothered looking at the time/reading the operational times of the bus lane. then continuing down said road at 38mph (its a 40) meaning you in the inside lane can only pass them illeagly arrrggghhh!

bibamus said:
And finally, just an observation, why do young baseball cap wearing drivers seem to lean to one side when they are driving? Left or right, they all seem to do it!!!

Allan

It's because of the almighty chip on their shoulders?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom