Motorists to pay court costs, even if found innnocent?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just signed!

How pathetic is this proposal..

There should be controls in place that those responsible for bringing a case are confident something wrong was done that one can be held accountable.. if this goes ahead, every little case can be brought to trial..

This country is worse than a dictatorial state... soon we will not be able to walk with our own children with out a police office asking what our purpose with the child is!

signed

but I'm sure they will take as much notice of the voting public's and expert's views on this as they do on everything else :wallbash:

Signed :bannana:

I did some reading, from what I've read (I may be reading the wrong article) it seems like they don't intend on making the victim pay the court costs... just restrict how much a defendant can claim in costs to £60 an hour.

Innocent motorists to be asked to pay court costs - Telegraph

But I may be reading an article on the wrong law...

Signed anyhow as I disagree with it either way!

M.

I did some reading, from what I've read (I may be reading the wrong article) it seems like they don't intend on making the victim pay the court costs... just restrict how much a defendant can claim in costs to £60 an hour.

M.

That's my understanding also. I understand that they are complaining about the dispairty between prosecution and defence costs. IIRC that £60 per hour is what legal aid is based upon.

M.
Typicial of the goverment at the moment to be attacking the symptoms and not the cause, how about ensuring that the authorities and the police enforce the law properly and correctly. Thereby reducing the number people who can claim costs (the geninue innocent should no longer end up in court, and other will no longer get off on technicalities). Instead we punish the innocent.

Signed earlier and dropped my MP an e-mail asking him to support any action to ensure this legislation fails - just updated my facebook status as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom