Motorola Mobile Phone Desktop Software

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rose Chap

MB Enthusiast
Car
Lexus GS450h
Hi Guys,

I've seen a few threads in this section about mobiles recently and I thought I'd ask for some advice too.

Its upgrade time again, and I'm strongly tempted by the Motorola V3i for its combination of flippiness and light weight, however, I will only go for it if the phone management software which will run on the PC is up to it.

Has anyone used it or know if...
1. You can use it to handle text messaging (as in type in texts via the PC)?
2. What it syncs with (Outlook? Lotus Notes) and what it syncs?
3. Can you browse the phone's memory and extract pictures etc?
4. Can the connection to the phone and all functions executed over bluetooth or does it need a cable?

At the moment I use a SE S700i with the Float's Mobile Agent software connected via Bluetooth and its great - does everything, but the phone itself is starting to feel a bit like yesterday's breakfast.

Cheers!

Andy

I suppose its safe to assume that experience of Motorola phone software is not high amongst the Mercedes owning fraternity then!

Rose Chap said:
Hi Guys,

I've seen a few threads in this section about mobiles recently and I thought I'd ask for some advice too.

Its upgrade time again, and I'm strongly tempted by the Motorola V3i for its combination of flippiness and light weight, however, I will only go for it if the phone management software which will run on the PC is up to it.

Has anyone used it or know if...
1. You can use it to handle text messaging (as in type in texts via the PC)?
2. What it syncs with (Outlook? Lotus Notes) and what it syncs?
3. Can you browse the phone's memory and extract pictures etc?
4. Can the connection to the phone and all functions executed over bluetooth or does it need a cable?

At the moment I use a SE S700i with the Float's Mobile Agent software connected via Bluetooth and its great - does everything, but the phone itself is starting to feel a bit like yesterday's breakfast.

Cheers!

Andy

Hi Andy,

In short and in order

1; Never tried but I think so.
2; I could never get it to work.
3; Yes
4; No Bluetooth on laptop (security), but cable worked okay (the one from the box with the phone).

Hope that helps !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom