Motorway madness...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
...on the way home this evening.

I joined the motorway and moved over to lane three because the other two were occupied and the third was clear...that is until I cleared the van in the second lane to be met with a Golf driven by an old eejit...coming towards me.

I stamped on the brakes and avoided everything and everybody...he, realising his mistake, waved and then did a U turn to face the correct way and proceeded on his way. In the drama I forgot to take his number.

He had just joined the m'way in front of me and turned right not left.

They travel amongst us.

how can you possibly turn left on a motorway slip road???? :dk:

I might have just followed him, pulled him over, then told him what I thought!
**** head could have killed someone

.......He had just joined the m'way in front of me and turned right not left.

They travel amongst us.

I'm trying to get my head around this one.

If I read this right, he drove down the slip lane and done a right U turn to face the on-coming traffic. Please tell me that I'm a numpty and have got it wrong:eek:

You should still report it- CCTV will have his number - pensioner idiots like this kill people.

When I was a teenager my friends grandfather exited a motorway slip road and turned right on to the roundabout.
It was dark and I'll never forget him cursing "Bloody Idiot!" and shaking his fist at the only oncoming car. Then the penny dropped! I still laugh about it to this day. :D

I'm trying to get my head around this one.

If I read this right, he drove down the slip lane and done a right U turn to face the on-coming traffic. Please tell me that I'm a numpty and have got it wrong:eek:

Nope...you're right.

Last edited:
If he had been a young idiot he would have been going three times as fast and you would not have been around to tell us. So lets here it for old idiots.

The traffic news reports a driver going the wrong way on the motorway .Granddad said "One ? There's hundreds of them"

There was a triple fatality on the A78 dual carriageway just outside Troon a few days ago .

A car , driven by an older male , was travelling the wrong way along the DC when it collided head on with another car - the male driver was killed , along with the two young ladies in the front of the other car , with their rear seat passenger now in hospital with serious injuries .

The story was on the BBC website the other day .

BBC News - Police name three people killed in Ayrshire road crash

Admittedly , it can be an easier mistake to make on dual carriageways which often have roads joining at T junctions from the side - my father in law did this a couple of years ago , joining a DC from the side , intending to turn right , made to join the first carriageway rather than crossing the gap in the central reservation to the correct side - fortunately SWMBO was in the car and screamed at him in time to correct his mistake and go the right way .

Last edited:
I remember dealing with this : Brighton man dies driving car wrong way down motorway (From The Argus)

A young student in one of our cars drove up the wrong way on a slip road - had a head on impact with both cars traveling at 70mph so the actual impact speed was horrible.

The Ford Fusion he was driving was recognisable from the rear seats back. Two occupants from the other car were flung a few hundred yards up the motorway with a total of 4 killed instantly.

Seeing the un-sanitised pictures from the scene was not a pretty sight.

You were very lucky.

!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom