Motorway speeding ticket for 80mph?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you were in for just sentencing then this explains the delay and the fact it was so quick. You must have pleaded guilty previously. You were probably asked to explain your side of things but after that its a simple calculation. 33% off the fine (band C ) for a guilty plea. Your fine would have been about £810, VS £81, costs £85 = £976. You declared your income to them.

The court has the discretion to either ban you for the offence or give you six points. You must have convinced them to be lenient.

Yes Id already pleaded guilty and provided a written statement. Lets just say when I got called it was 8 months out of date as circumstances had changed

I didnt really have much chance to say anything even when I was in there, thats how quick it was

Yes Id already pleaded guilty and provided a written statement. Lets just say when I got called it was 8 months out of date as circumstances had changed

I didnt really have much chance to say anything even when I was in there, thats how quick it was
Initial thoughts were you deserved a hefty fine for some reckless driving in a 40 mph single carriage road in a built up area, but now you have explained the facts of a speed reduction on a dual carriageway, the fine seems extreme. Unless of course you knew the road ?

Initial thoughts were you deserved a hefty fine for some reckless driving in a 40 mph single carriage road in a built up area, but now you have explained the facts of a speed reduction on a dual carriageway, the fine seems extreme. Unless of course you knew the road ?
The fine is based upon income. It would be a band C fine (1.5 x weekly pay) less 33% for guilty plea. Maximum is £1000 unless on a motorway where the maximum is £2500.

Many people dont declare their income in which case its assumed to be £440 per week. Others on benefits or have no income the figure used is £130/week.

The fine is based upon income. It would be a band C fine (1.5 x weekly pay) less 33% for guilty plea. Maximum is £1000 unless on a motorway where the maximum is £2500.

Many people dont declare their income in which case its assumed to be £440 per week. Others on benefits or have no income the figure used is £130/week.

They ask you your take home income in the court. Mine was based on £825 a week

Declaring your income also seems a neat way of proudly showing off how well off you are.

Declaring your income also seems a neat way of proudly showing off how well off you are.
Sounds like what someone unhappy with their life would say.

Besides, they based it on the income at time of offense. Theres no bullshit in what I say, its complete transparency from my experience.

On a side note - I get paid well. So what? a lot of people do. Nobody is under training for 10 years+ to earn minimum wage and its a fact of life people need to understand. Hence the problem with british culture today - jealousy, vandalism, sick notes, playing the victim, excuses.

In other words, chin up and get on with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom