Mould / Rust showing on interior of GLC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bounce

Car
Glc 220 AMG Premium Plus
I have a 2018 GLC and there seems to be mould/rust forming on metal parts of the interior, which we keep wiping off.

The car is regularly cleaned, although we don't use the car much.... Maybe less than 100 miles per week most weeks..

For example on the headrests where the metal forks are which keeps the headrest attached to the seat, there was some mould there, on the paddle shift gears etc...

My thinking is that potentially that there could be some damp getting in the car, but not noticed any leaks, and the car isn't used much..

It does still have a years warranty remaining from Mercedes... But not sure if they would do anything...

I have a 2018 GLC and there seems to be mould/rust forming on metal parts of the interior, which we keep wiping off.

The car is regularly cleaned, although we don't use the car much.... Maybe less than 100 miles per week most weeks..

For example on the headrests where the metal forks are which keeps the headrest attached to the seat, there was some mould there, on the paddle shift gears etc...

My thinking is that potentially that there could be some damp getting in the car, but not noticed any leaks, and the car isn't used much..

It does still have a years warranty remaining from Mercedes... But not sure if they would do anything...
Lift the floor mats and check the carpet thoroughly for dampness. I would also have the drain holes in the scuttle, sunroof, etc cleaned in case they’re blocked leading to ingress.

Full climate control on auto has a dehumidifying effect , so thats a good thing to use all of the time. For mould to be forming on the inside I would go with Bobby's suggestion.

Hi Bounce ,

Well that's good but I would purchase a throw away dehumidify ( £1.00 each in £ shops ) and leave in car to see if any water is collected.

I have a Mitsubishi Shogun and wedge it in the car so make sure it's stable when I drive the car.

Bobby Dazzler idea is a really good suggestion : Don't know why my comments have come out black​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom