Mount Fuji .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

whitenemesis

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
Lexus RX450h F-Sport with Takumi Pack 2020
...... Apparently :dk:

IMG_20161017_074029_zpstxxgv4mb.jpg

:D

After days of clear blue skies and 24c the weather has closed in on us now we're in the mountains.:( Still we caught a glimpse of Mt Fuji last evening during our cruise on Lake Ashi.

So, on to Matsumoto castle, should be quite atmospheric :D

On my one trip to Japan I caught the Bullet from Kyoto to Tokyo and the mountain was the picture postcard you see on television (and postcards). I told my agent this when I was back in the UK and he informed me I was lucky as the mountain is bound in mist 300 days of the year. Unfortunately it seems you were there for a normal day

I know a few people who have visited Mount Fuji over the last few years and not one of them ever saw it.

Russ

Here it is...

And upon seeing this and not having one themselves the Egyptians decided to build one of their own. :)

Last edited:
On first reading of the title I thought I was about to read some horrible Japanese travel version of Montezuma's revenge. ;)

I hate to confess but i'm also pretty distracted by the parking bays.....

......and that rather nice late 90's white impreza parked there. Dying to know if it is one of the trick Japanese WRX specials they annoyingly kept to themselves. Love them!!

After driving through torrential rain for 1.5hrs the clouds parted and....

IMG_20161017_140058_zpsiib4wv5g.jpg

Entrance requires shoes off, then one has to negotiate highly polished wooden floors and extremely steep, narrow, wooden stairs, in socks! With people going up and down, passing on the stairs!!! Ceilings of course rather low for a 6 foot European....

Fascinating place, demonstration of Zen gardening and token Samurai in attendance.

Another 3hrs drive, this time through stunning mountains, steep gorges, waterfalls, deep fordsts to reach Takyama and dinner, drinks and sleep. Nursing a bruised head :eek:

I hate to confess but i'm also pretty distracted by the parking bays.....

......and that rather nice late 90's white impreza parked there. Dying to know if it is one of the trick Japanese WRX specials they annoyingly kept to themselves. Love them!!

There are many tasty looking cars but the overall impression is, the place is overrun with Mercedes!!

Saturday evening in Tokyo we saw some very tastefully modded Japanese marques. Many blasting between the lights on Tokyo's beautifully smooth roads. A couple of Ferraris joined in, aural heaven :rock:

My Son is off for two weeks holiday to Japan in mid November, he thinks he has worked it out that he has chosen the perfect time with regards volume of visitors and the weather.

My Son is off for two weeks holiday to Japan in mid November, he thinks he has worked it out that he has chosen the perfect time with regards volume of visitors and the weather.

Weather wise should be fine. Visitors.... The vast majority of visitors to those places we've been to have been Japanese. They are their own biggest tourists.

Not sure of the timings but isnt it something like 100% humidity in the summer?

Yes, very humid in summer months Nov should be cool and relatively dry. That said it's been exceptionally warm this year, even now quite humid still.

Pack layers, he'll be fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom