Movember - Your support please £1100 Raised!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark300SL

1962-2010. Gone, but not forgotten.
Hi,

This November I will be growing a ratty grey moustache. :D

Whilst for some this would be an easy decision for me its a real challenge as I have never been able to get a tash looking even acceptable let alone good.
For the next month my wife, kids and customers will see a very different Mark!

Its all for the Movember foundation who help raise funds and awareness for men's health – specifically prostate cancer.
What many people don’t appreciate is that one man dies every hour of prostate cancer in the UK, more than 35,000 men will be diagnosed this year and that prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men in the UK. Facts like these have convinced me I should get involved and I am hoping that some of you will chose to support me.

Last night I was persuaded to join the team of Andy Gorse from CRX-UK so I am now looking forward to a month of irritating food trap on my top lip!

Donate some money to the foundation to help out.

To donate to my Mo, you can either:

• Click this link Marks page and donate online using your credit card, debit card or PayPal account
• Write a cheque payable to ‘The Prostate Cancer Charity - Movember’, referencing my Registration Number and mailing it to: Movember - The Prostate Cancer Charity, First Floor, Cambridge House, Cambridge Grove, London, W6 0LE.

Baldguys link is Gregs Page

2009 is Movember’s third year in the UK. If you are interested in learning more about the work that is being carried out as a result of Movember funds, check out the details at Movember Foundation United Kingdom - Research & Programs.

Please help me out by joining our team or donating what you can, every penny will be appreciated :bannana:

Cheers,

Mark

Last edited:
Tash test if you can feel hairs on your lips its to long! mirror scissors trimmed easy peasy.

I havent had a shave for ever as to be honest i cant be bothered tash and beard ultimate laziness.

Good luck do we get before and after pics?

Lynall

Good luck do we get before and after pics?

Yes - public humiliation is all part of the pain!

Initially I intended to just support the lads but then I was gently coerced into actually participating :)

Many thanks to Greg (Baldguy) for joining us!
We can both look very "Village People" in our convertibles with a tash

Over £100 raised so far today and hopefully a lot more to come, the forum based donations started to come in as people came online for the evening :D

If every person who read this thread donated just a single pound it could make a BIG difference ;) Please don't feel obliged to limit any donation though :p

First post edited and direct links added to both my own and Baldguys donation pages

With help from loads of folk we have already raised £200 in about 24hrs - and Greg is flying!

First pictures from me in about a week - top lip is just "rough" atm :D

Many thanks to all for their generosity so far

Mark

Mark.... I'm going to be way closer to the "VILLAGE PEOPLE" look than you my friend.... Totally bald with a Mo... Walked into my local lastnight after they had all been tipped off by my lovely girlfriend to everyone singing YMCA.... and thats only the 1st day!!!

To be honest if i can raise lots of money for a very worthwhile cause, I'll be very happy... I can shave my Mo off.. its very difficult to get rid of any kind of Cancer....

Shameless bump

We have managed to raise £500 in just 5 days
Many thanks to all who have contributed - but as always we would like to raise more :)

Lets however remember why we are doing this

Prostate cancer is the most common cancer diagnosed in men in the UK. Every year in the UK 35,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer. One man dies every hour of prostate cancer in the UK.

The sad statistics say that someone who is on this forum is going to die of this nasty disease one day......................

Mark

And up again

£574 to date and the first silly pic :thumb:

Movember.jpg

Mark

Nice response form MBclub members in the last few hours - Cheers guys it really is appreciated :D

:D

You like like a Russian assasin!

Good effort Greg and its been fun having you along for the experience! I am actually about to go and have a shave before I go to bed :)

Thanks again to everyone for helping out where they could, the Tash will be gone in the morning but the fund raising will continue for a day or 2 from me at least.

Mark

Couldnt hold out..... just had shower and shave...... woohoo..... Cheers Mark.... Russian Assasin hey...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom